Awake

There was peace. 

No more pain, no more cries. The room didn't smell like mold anymore. The surface beneath wasn't concrete but soft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been days, I don't know how long. The man had changed my location from the darkroom to a room behind bars. My arms and jaw hurt from the pain of being hit multiple times. But it was better than being touched by a disgusting man like him.

That was my game plan till now. 

To agitate and anger him so much that he ends up beating me up and leaving the room. At this point, I didn't care anymore. He can starve me, beat me up all he wants but I would not give in. I would never give up my body to someone like him.

It wasn't just me. There were multiple girls, some even younger than me. They all looked scared and tired. But none of them stayed for as long as I did. They came and left the place faster than a flash as the days passed by. Only to be used for their mere body I suppose.

I tried escaping multiple times. Had no luck yet. But I won't stop. I will keep fighting. Jaxon would find me, I am sure of it.

I stirred on the soft bed yet again. My head pounding. Am I dead? Is that it?

Now I lay on the hard bed of the jail yet again. My stomach growled but I didn't have any food. I was ordered to be starved. Two men arrived one of them opening the gate and closing it after the other man entered.

"Ryan!" I exclaimed. "Looks like the fat dog is back in business," I said and his face turned into a scrowl. "Wasnt my kick to your small nuts enough the last time?" I spat. 

He studied me closely. "Do you think I don't realize what you are doing, Lil girl?" He said gabbing my hair painfully and looking me straight in the eye. "I'll admit that you are smarter than the rest of them, but perhaps I have been too nice to you." He said running a finger down my neck.

I shivered, disgusted as he smirked. "I always knew, you were a feisty one. But not anymore." He finished, his hand feeling up my body. I tried to push him away but I didn't have enough strength anymore. Shit. 

He suddenly pushed me down on the bed I had been sitting and got on top of me, catching me off guard. I kicked and swat my arms as much as I could but to no avail. He was stronger than me, he caught my arms.

"Get off me you disgusting piece of shit!" I screamed moving hysterically. 

"Now why would I do that, sweet." He looked me up and down lustfully and then started kissing my neck. His hand traveled down my shirt. I almost gagged. 

I turned and successfully fell down the bed on the floor. It hurt me but it hurt him too and that's what I wanted. His grip loosened and I shot up moving as far away from him as possible. 

"Now, sweet, that is not going to help is it. No one is coming to save you." He said coming closer to me. "You be still and it would hurt less." He held my arms painfully and pushed me down on the floor. I pushed back further near a wall trying to create distance between us. 

"Run all you want Mia, this is going to happen today. Your body is mine, you belong to me." He declared coming closer again. I closed my eyes. This is it isn't it? The end. Jaxon's smile flashed in front of my eyes, Kiley's training and Joel's friendship. I'm sorry I let you guys down.

And then suddenly my hand pricked on something. I glimmer of hope shot in me. I moved my hand to feel what it was. It was a nail, and it was sharp. It will do. I took it in my hand as Ryan fisted my hair and pulled me up again. 

"Give in, little girl" He bit out.

"Never," I stated as I jabbed the nail in his neck with all my might. He started bleeding out immediately but pulled the nail out. 

"You little bitch!" He screamed and took out a knife from his pocket, slashing it right through my stomach. I shifted back but didn't give up. All the training in combat I had pulsed through my body with rage. He tried to cut me again but this time I successfully twisted his wrist and made him drop the knife. I picked the knife up and pointed it up at him.

"Stay back!" I said.

"You won't do anything." He said confidently. 

"That's where you are so fucking wrong," I said before swiftly driving the knife right across his throat. He fell to the ground, choking on his own blood. I wasted no time finding a phone in his pocket. I sat on the floor the cut on my stomach now bleeding with full force.

I dialed the emergency number to Jaxon's home. It rang a few times when someone finally picked up. Thank the Gods. 

"Who is this." The guy bit out clearly annoyed at something.

"J-Joel, it's me," I said.

"Mia! Oh, thank God! Are you okay? Where are you?" Joel rushed and I could tell he was already running, probably to Jaxon. 

"Yeah, I'm okay," I reassured him not wanting to worry him.

"It's her." I heard on the phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mia! Mia wake up!" A man screamed. 

I swatted his hand away, scurrying a lot, the horrifying scene unfolding in front of my eyes. What is happening? Then suddenly my eyes shot open and my body's defense mechanism yelled at me to move away from whoever tried to touch me.

I jumped on the soft bed, screaming my lungs out and the tears on my cheeks didn't go unnoticed. 

"Baby, it's me." The voice said calmly and my eyes met beautiful stormy grey once. Jaxon came closer to me and softly hugged me. 

"Am I dead?" I cried out. He chuckled. 

"No, baby." He looked down at me. "You are awake and well." He kissed my forehead softly. I hugged him back tighter than I had ever before. I almost forgot how amazing his arms felt around me. I never thought I would feel this way again. 

"You were having a nightmare, you are safe now." He said softly, reassuring me. 

"How long have I been out for?" 

"More than a week, baby. The doctors said it was because of the trauma, but your wounds have started healing so that's good." He nodded. 

I then finally looked at him, and I didn't like what I saw. He didn't seem well so I frowned. 

"What?" He blinked like a child.

"You haven't been sleeping," I remarked.

He only rolled his eyes, and softly pushed me back on the bed. "You should rest, I will be back with some soup." He nodded kissing my temple and walking out the door.