Tears

I walked around for a whole while. Didn't talk to anyone, didn't even look at anyone. I just couldn't risk it anymore. Don't want father to break my legs.

I took one of the glasses from a waiter passing by and gulped it down. At least if I was intoxicated when I got home it would hurt less.

I started scurrying towards a corner of the huge hall when someone suddenly caught my arm really tight. That would definitely bruise.

I tried to break the contact but the grip was too strong so I looked up.
Oh no. Father. He was drunk, I could smell his breath and disgusted I looked away.

"I heard what happened Mia. Stay away from the Browns. We don't want him looking into you. You do not talk to them ever again do you understand?" He commanded.

"Yes father." I replied without even thinking what he really said as he let go of my arm and walked away. Him? Did he mean Jaxon? I fought back the tears threatening to fall. Of course he didn't want someone as powerful as the Browns to check my background, he was scared that they would find out that they abuse me. The Dawson's are sick scared of people spoiling their perfect name in the outside world. Only if people knew what goes on in their house.

But what could I do. Having a roof on my head is better than having nothing, mama always taught me that. We were poor until I was adopted by the Dawson's. I was only 6 but I remember almost every memory of my mama. She really was the best. I miss her.

I need some space. So I walked out of a corridor and found a balcony. It was empty which I was thankful for. The crowd wasn't helping with my anxiety as it is and the fear of getting beaten up just did it. I couldn't stop the tears anymore they fell free.

It was always the fear. I don't even care about the physical pain anymore. It barely hurts when I'm being beaten up. But I have always been scared. The fear of never being able to see the light again. That is what truly scared me. I looked up at the night sky, it truly was beautiful. I liked the darker sky with stars more than the bright blue during mornings.

There was something peaceful about it. It was almost as if mama was looking down at me whenever I looked up. This is why I always wished to fly so I could go up to her without dying.

"Don't like the party?" A husky deep voice startled me as I rushed to wipe my tears that were on my cheeks.

I looked back to see Jaxon staring at me. His face was emotionless but then again, his eyes gave him away. He was worried. It did weird things to me to know that he was worried about me but then another voice rang inside my head.

"Do not look even look at the browns again. Understood ?"

"I'm okay" I said putting forward a strong persona that I didn't know I had. "Well the tears say something else don't they?" He replied.

Not knowing what else to do I started turning around to walk away. If someone sees me here I'm so screwed.

"Stay" he said and shrugged, his eyes flicking back to emotionless as though I was a dog he was treating.

"Listen hun. I don't know who you think you are but that's no way to talk to someone whom you just met. I'm not a dog you can just order around and I would sit and stand as per your commands." I replied standing my ground. Rage started building up in me. It's always with the people like him. They think that because they have money and have the privilege they can do whatever they want.

"There it is, the fire my sister told me about." Jaxon said looking at me now his eyes dancing with amusement.

I huffed and looked at him. He just played me, great. And we held eye contact for a minute before he started walking at me. I started taking steps back as he started taking steps forward.

"Listen, hun" he mocked me. " I know you are new here but you will soon get to know who I really am." He said as he caged me while my back was on a wall. He was too close. So close that I could see every feature on his beautiful face and he knew that. He was using it against me. So I did something he would never expect me to do.

I put my hands around his neck and clung onto him. He looked taken aback but I wasn't done yet. I smirked internally while my face went closer to his. His eyes widened a fraction when he looked down at my lips and licked his own. We were so close. He stumbled back a bit and then I muttered, "I can't wait to get to know you then" I said and let out the smirk finally as I was free again.

I walked passed him and he could only stand there and glare at my back.

I almost did a little dance not knowing where the sudden burst of confidence came from and father's threat long forgotten.

Two could play at the tease and please game.

Jaxonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें