Lunch

The day passed by fairly soon with no conversation as usual. I made my way to the cafeteria and got my lunch. I really was hungry since I had been starved for almost the whole day. The sandwich looked yummy. I found a seat at the corner near a window and sat there. It was a nice day today outside maybe I should go for a little walk. 

I picked up my sandwich still looking out of the window when suddenly there was pin-drop silence. The birds weren't even chirping anymore if that was even possible. Anyhow, I brought the sandwich to my lips about to take a bite, and then my eyes connected with grey once.

Right there, right freaking in front of me, and then my food for the day dropped. Damn it! My beautiful sandwich was on the ground. Ugh, I hate my life! WHY! WHY GOD WHY! I wanted to scream and something! Anything! But I also wanted to cry. 

Reluctantly I looked around the cafeteria and everyone was staring at me including Bianca with a scrowl. Shit, another beating. I might as well just jump out of this window now. I looked back at the grey eyes who were now looking at me almost longingly. 

Why cant he just leave me alone. 

"Why did you tell Alex and Ian that you can never even look at me again." He said. He commanded almost angry. Why the hell was he angry at me now? I am supposed to be angry at him! My lunch just got spoiled because of him!

I cannot do this right now.

I stood up and walked out of the cafeteria throw the closest door, throwing the sandwich into a bin. I have never used this door before, where does this lead to? I pushed past people as I reached a very secluded area outside of the door I just came out of. I looked around and saw the pretty blonde boy reading a book near a corner. 

He was so engrossed in it, he didn't even see it coming. His nose was almost touching the pages and I was about to smile at the sight when Jaxon came out the same door fuming. He looked really angry now and everything I have ever done was forgotten.

Shit. This is how I die.

I came towards me backing me into a wall and I gulped loudly. His eyes softned a fraction but he didn't lose his angry stance. "You never turn your back at me before answering, understood?" He stated as though it was obvious that no one ever does that to him. I looked at the pretty boy almost asking for his help but I saw him now looking at us curiously. 

Of course, he would not help you, Mia! They are friends! I facepalmed internally. 

Jaxon slightly raised his arms to cage me again to the wall but I flinched closing my eyes shut waiting for him to hurt me. A few seconds had passed and no impact came so I opened my eyes only to find him looking at me with a confused expression. 

Shit. 

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Shit now he is gonna know!

We stood there for a while communicating with our eyes. "Why the hell are you wearing a scarf it's so hot," He said and he went to touch it as I flinched again and pushed him away before he could pull my scarf away. 

And then he knew. I could tell he knew. Just like that. It was like he could see right through me. He was the heir of one of the world's largest businesses he clearly wasn't dumb. Me trying to ignore him, my flinching, and my weird attire- he could put one and one together.

He looked back at me with pity and I just wanted to cry. 

I hate it when people look at me like that. I couldn't take it anymore so I turned around and ran towards home as fast as I could.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reached home soon enough heaving from running so fast. 

I entered not wanting to think about the beating I was going to get when my father came back home. I literally broke all the rules already and it hasn't even been two whole days. 

I sat on the couch, exhausted as I saw a note on the table. I contemplated if I should look at it. But I did anyway, I was just gonna put it back and no one would know. 

It was for Bianca.

Hey sweety! 

Me and Dad are going to be gone for a business trip for a week but we will try to get home as soon as possible. Hopefully before a week. If you need anything just ask Mia to do it and if she denies let me know. 

Love you!

-Mommy

That letter was the best thing that had happened to me in days. I was so happy. Finally. I am so glad that I would have a week to heal before anything happens again. I almost started jumping with joy as I ran upstairs to my room and went straight to bed.

I was exhausted.

And sleep was my escape.