Jaxon

The next morning passed by fairly quick. I just had to do the basic things. Make breakfast, clean the kitchen, and do laundry. Soon enough it was time for me to get ready for the party. I ran upstairs as I only had an hour. I didn't have the privilege like Bianca to get ready for literally the whole day.

I rushed to my room taking a quick shower and drying my hair. I didn't have anything to curl it with so I just brushed it. It was a bit frizzy but it was okay. I always liked my hair. It had soft curls and it was long falling perfectly till my lower back. And it was a black ofcourse. I loved the fact that it was black because it's my favorite color.

I looked at myself in the small mirror in the corner and quickly applied a bit of minimal makeup I had. Bianca had given me her old makeup because she didn't like the shades anymore. I really didn't mind. I don't like makeup anyways and I don't wear it very often.

Soon enough I looked presentable. It was almost 6 and I went downstairs to see mother waiting there alone. She threw me a look and we stood there in silence. She was wearing heavy makeup and a black dress. Soon father came out dressed in a black suit and kissed mother on the cheek smiling at her. He looked at me up and down and I almost saw a hint of approval in his eyes.

Bianca came down the stairs swaying gently wearing a baby pink ball gown. It was cute but too childish in my opinion. I obviously did not say that out loud. Bianca stood proudly knowing that it was her favorite color. Her blond hair was styled and her makeup heavy.

The parents and daughter shared small talk before walking out the door with me following behind. We sat in the car in silence with father driving, mother sitting in the front seat, and Bianca on her phone at the back sitting next to me.

I just hope the party goes well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We entered the big gates of the mansion as classical music played in the background. 'Holding back the years' resonated in the huge hall as chatterers dominated. Everyone was busy making small talk with each other and I realized that mother, father, and Bianca were doing the same.

I guess they forgot about me already.

I stood around awkwardly for a few moments not liking the crowd when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and almost collided with someone's muscular chest before backing off a little bit and looking up at beautiful grey eyes.

"Mia! I knew it was you!" A soft voice said as my eyes clicked back at the girl. It was Kiley and her arm was linked to a very handsome tall man in all black suit. God he looked good.

"Hey Kiley" I replied.

"So I'm guessing you know the Clintons?" She questions and I nod.

"My father has business with them"

"Oh! Well I think we will be seeing more of each other then, we know the Clintons quite well." She said.

I smiled at her as she was nice. I liked her, more like I wanted to be like her. She was friendly, approachable and had a strong personality that demanded respect.

Her black dress hugged her body perfectly with a slit down her thigh and she looked good. But my eyes were elsewhere this time.

"Oh were are my manners" she exclaimed. "This is my brother" and a pang of relief washed over me. What the hell is that. Was I... jealous ?

"Jaxon Brown" a deep husky voice rang and my skin almost melted.

How can someone be so freaking intimidating. Get a grip Mia! You are a strong independent woman.

"Hey" I finally replied in a small voice and almost face palmed myself.
"Mia" I added, introducing myself. I never said my last name to anyone because honestly, I just didn't want to be known as a Dawson. I hated my adoptive family. 

"Mia" he repeated not breaking eye contact with me once. I didn't dare look away either. When he said my name it did weird things to me.

His eyes were dancing with amusement but his face was emotionless. I could tell he recognised me from the other day at school.

"Mia?" I heard another voice approach me, it was mother, I looked at her and saw Bianca following her close with a scrowl towards me. Oh shit, I'm so screwed.

"Who do we have here?" My mother said sweetly but I knew I was as good as dead for talking to them.

My face must have shown that I was scared because when I looked back Jaxon was looking at me with a confused expression on his face. I plastered an expressionless face soon after and cleared my throat.

"Ah the Browns" My mother exclaimed as she introduced Bianca to them. Bianca couldn't take her eyes off Jaxon and I wanted to punch her stupid face.

Stop it Mia- he isn't yours ! You don't even know him. I just looked at the floor and excused myself fearing my life because I would have to endure another beating when I get back home. I wasn't allowed to speak with any of father's business partners without his permission and the Browns owned one of the largest in the world. Not that I knew they were the Browns but who would I explain that to.

As I walked away I could feel his eyes on me and I almost wanted to run back. I slightly looked over my shoulder to see Jaxon looking at me almost as though he was asking me what was wrong and then I saw Bianca glaring at me.

Damn it.

I just turned around and walked away as fast as I could.