You, Me and a Bed Makes Three - (29)

- School Days -

“miss, miss, miss...” a little girl with short blonde hair, kept calling me, tugging on my jumper impatiently.

God these kids were annoying. Why was I here again? Oh right because I'm the stupidly nice girl that likes to help. Well at least it was Friday so I only had what? Four hours left.

I turned to face her with a fake smile plastered on my face. “yes Jess? And I thought I told you to call me Harley?”

“sorry Harley.” she blushed. “can you come help me paint? Pretty please?” she asked giving me a cute little smile.

That smile would be breaking hearts in a few years. Heck I probably had my own version of that smile. It was definitely something she used a lot to get her own way.

I sighed and put down the piece of wood I was sanding for my project and followed her to her work station.

They were working in groups to make their miniatures and I was in charge of three groups of four. It was totally crazy I mean I wasn't a teacher nor was I capable of looking after anyone. Heck I couldn't look after myself most of the time. What on earth made them think I would be able to keep twelve kids alive for three days.

So far there hadn't been any accidents so I guess I was doing okay. But like I said before I still had four hours left till my sentence was up. And a lot can happen in four hours

The group of four girls were sat around chatting as they did the finishing touches to their project. They had decided to re-create the pyramids and sphinx's. It looked pretty good. The display unit it was housed in had Egyptian hieroglyphics which was the section Jess was currently working on.

“so hows it coming along girls?” I asked as I stood beside their table.

“great. Thanks for that tip about mixing paint with sand definitely made it look better.” Sarah said smiling as she continued to add more detail to her pyramid.

“Harley?” Eve asked looking at me with curious eyes.

“yeah?”

“do you have a boyfriend?” she asked biting her lower lip.

“nope. Free and single.” I stated proudly, smiling broadly.

“don't you like boys?” she asked confused by my happiness I assume?

“of course I like boys. My best friend is a boy. I just don't feel the need for a boyfriend. Why do you ask anyway?”

“I dunno. Just curious I guess. I mean you're like super pretty and all the boys in the school talk about you. I just thought that maybe you had a boyfriend.” she shrugged going back to the sphinx she was painting.

“you know having a boyfriend isn't the bee all and end all. It's all about girl power these days.” I stated picking up a paint brush and making a start on helping.