You, Me and a Bed Makes Three (4)

- Awkward Dealings -

I didn't go to any of the guys houses. They would all still be at Shaun's any way. Probably drunk already or high, or both. I just walked around. Listening to my music, watching the world go by.

Scrappy turned up at some point. He was running round my legs. I wonder where he slept last night? It was pretty cold and I hate to think he was out here all night. I would have to get Shaun or one of the guys to let him sleep in their house tonight.

I sat down on a bench in the park. It was starting to get dark, a street lamp was flickering on above my head.

I pulled out my sketch pad and doodled. I wasn't really paying attention to what I was drawing, just singing along with my music and letting my hand take control of the pencil held between my fingers. Scrappy laid under my legs, while I sat there for a good hour or so.

Eventually I got hungry. I hadn't eaten all day, not that was anything new. I pulled out my phone to check it for messages. One of the guys would have messaged me if they had moved houses or gone to the pub. Three messages.

#Greg#

Im sorry. I was drunk. Can we 4get about it? Xxx

#shaun#

girl where du go? Wer heading out later. You coming?

#Becca#

hey. Long time no speak, or see. Just fort id touch base. C how u were. Give us a call or summin when ur free. Xxx

ahh Becca. My old friend. She moved away two years ago. We talk every now and then but nothing really constant. My other girl mates talk to her a lot still but I've sort of distanced my self from them recently as well. Dunno why. I guess people just grow apart. I should make an effort with them soon. I miss girl's night out.

Don't get me wrong the guys are hilarious and fun to be around but they can be such pigs at times. A girl needs another girls company to keep her sane. To gossip about the latest scandal. Granted the scandal is usually about me, but I join in. Joke about my stupidity and give them the facts so they can tell people what really happened. There's nothing worse then incorrect gossip.

I don't mind people talking about me or what I've done as long as they get the facts right. Then they can think what they like and voice their opinion all they want. But I can't stand rumours.

I dialled her number. I'd only forget if I didn't do it now.

"hello?" she answered.

"hey becca, it me. Harley."

"oh hey hun. How ya been?" she said warmly.

"good thanks. Ya self?"

"all gravy baby... so what you been up to? Jade said she hadn't seen you for a few weeks."

"oh you know the usual. I've kinda been off the radar with everyone. Didn't see Greg for a week."

"really?" she asked surprised.

"yeah I no. shocker right? Was sort of avoiding him but still I can't believe I didn't see him, of all people, for a whole week."

"you? avoiding him? Why?" she quizzed.

"oh he declared he's love for me."

"good for him. so when are you two gunna finally get it together?" she asked me.

I chuckled. "never. He's like a brother to me."

"i guess your right." she sighed.

"so hows things going for you?"