-Five-

TW: nightmares, flashbacks, coping, PTSD effects, and trauma

The bold and Italics are voices

I didn't wake up to my own screams that morning. Well, they weren't really screams, rather loud noises and crying. I bolted up, clutching my nightgown.

It didn't sound like any of the younger boys, nor Wilbur, so it must've been Techno.

I quickly made my way down, but then realized that I had no idea where his room was. I listened carefully, following the sounds of heavy, labored breathes and voices.

It turned out, that the only reason I could hear Techno was that he was down the hall. I quickly rushed to his room, knocking.

There was no noise, so I entered the room.

Techno was pacing around his room. He was mumbling and clutching his hair.

"Techno?" I called, confused. Techno whipped his head up, his braid swinging violently.

"Freya," he said, his voice shaky and rough. I made my way over to him.

"What's wrong Techno?" I asked. He shook his head.

"The voices need blood Freya," he said, his words coming out flat and unbothered. I frowned.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to keep my voice calm. Techno shot me a look.

"The voices demand blood, it's all I hear, just blood, blood, blood, blood, repeated over and over again," he said as if that would make things clearer. I felt nauseous.

His red eyes were latched onto me, staring directly into my own eyes.

"Voices? Who are you talking about?" I asked, unable to believe the words that were coming out of my mouth. Techno massaged his temples, his fists clenched tightly. He groaned, shaking his head.

"Voices, I hear them," he grits out, closing his eyes and resting his forehead in his palms. "They tell me things, repeat words, and names" he chokes out. "They are particularly restless at night, it gets harder for me to control" he sighs, looking relaxed for a minute.

Then, he looks back to being in pain, eyebrows furrowed.

"How long has this been going on?" I demanded, turning to him.

"Since I was 5, it got worse over the years" he replied, his breaths coming out rough. I frowned. Since he was five.

"Does your father know?" I asked. He nodded slowly.

"My brothers don't if you were wondering," he added simply. I nodded.

"Are the voices any better now?" I asked quietly. He shrugged.

"They aren't screaming for blood, they keep implying that you're trying to kill me," he mutters. I can't hold back my laugh.

"I'm sorry, it's just strange to think that you have uncontrollable thoughts in your head" I apologize. Techno shot me a look, looking better than before.

"I'm sorry to have bothered you," he said. I shook my head.

"We made a deal, I keep my word" I replied sternly. Techno nodded wordlessly.

"The voices call for you, they repeat your name, but they changed from a minute ago" Techno mused. "They aren't thinking you'll kill me, I think that's an improvement" Techno drawled out. I nodded.

"Where did you go for the past three years?" I asked, wondering if he would reply. Techno stiffened.

"I left to the arctic tundra," he replied. I stared at him, that was not the answer I had expected.