Chapter twenty-six

LAST CHAPTER! YAY IM SO EXCITED!

*ariana*

I wake up Niall is spooning me from behind. Last night he was too understandable. I'm glad he was, but I just don't deserve all the love he gave me even when I kept a huge lie from him.

I slide out of his arms and grab Brielle from her crib. I go to the living room and I smile at her. She smiles back. "Thank you for staying asleep all night baby." She gurgles at me and I giggle.

I hear Niall yawn behind me and look around. We smile at each other and I put Brielle back down. "Babe. We need to talk." Niall says and gets up. He grunts while stretching and walks over to me. I'm nervous as shit right now. I hope he's still not too mad.

We sit down on the couch and he doesn't look stressed. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks me. "I didn't tell anybody." I say and swallow.

"Yeah but why not me. I'm closer to you than anyone. I'm the only one besides you and your mom that know what happened to your father. Don't you think that's pretty close?" The mention of my dad forms a lump in my throat by I ignore it.

"I didn't want anyone to think I was weird. That I was contagious or that I was going to be hospitalized all the time. I just wanted everybody to think I was normal." I expose myself and he listens to every part.

We both stay quiet and I think about leaving but that would be rude. "Im sorry I brought up your father." He says quietly and I sigh. "It doesn't matter anymore, he traumatized me." I whisper and look down at my hands. They were shaking and I couldn't stop moving them.

His big hands wrap around mine and I look up at him. "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." He says and I shake my head.

"No. I've kept it all inside and I need to let it out, even if you already know some of it. My father abused a women in front of me then killed her and told me that if I told mom he'd do the same to me. I hate him for this and I won't forgive him. Ever. He left for work the next day and I called the cops. My mom was out of town so I couldn't tell her. But I told the cops where the body and gun was. I told them exactly what happened and my father was arrested within an hour. But I was only 8." I yell while pacing around the room.

"Ariana!" Niall yells at me and I look at him. He seems relieved by our eye contact and I continue to pace around. "What?" I ask him and he stands up.

"I said your name like 10 times. Are you ok?" He asks and I shake my head. "I shouldn't of done that, said that, yelled that." I tell him and he holds my shoulder still. I look at him and he looks at me. I wait for him to speak but he doesn't say anything.

Instead he leans forward and kisses me. "It will all be okay." He says and hugs me. "We'll be alright." He whispers in my ear and smile.

"I don't want to be like this anymore. I just want to be normal. Have a normal life." I say saddened. "But it won't change."

We both stay silent and I try to breathe slowly. "I'll go make us some food." He says before walking away.

***

"I'll miss you." I say in Niall's arms. My flight was boarding in 5 minutes for me to go home. I had said goodbye to the boys and Danielle at the hotel before we left.

"It's only three months." He says calmly. "Yeah, three months without you." I pull away from his embrace and our eyes meet. He kisses me quickly. "Just think about all the alone time you'll get to think. And you have your mom at home. It should be easy." He says.

He grabs Brielle from her stroller. He kisses her head and smiles at her. She smiles back and blows into her neck making a loud noise. "I'm going to miss you baby. Don't be to hard on your mama for me." He whispers to Brielle and puts her back.