Chapter twenty-four

*ariana*

"Ariana you can't wait much longer! You have to push!" Danielle says from beside me. Sweat drips down the side of my head and I pant from the tiredness. "No Niall isn't here! I am not going into labor without my husband!" I yell at her and feel tears form up in my eyes.

I just want Niall to be here. He said he was almost here ten minutes ago. "Relax Ari. He'll get here. I promise. Just stay calm." Danielle says holding my hand trying to comfort me. If only she was Niall.

Her phone starts ringing and I see Niall's name. She answers the phone and let's out a sigh of relief. "He's on his way up." She tells me after hanging up. "Thank god. I need him t-."

Niall bursts through the door and sits by my side. He kisses me and I kiss him back smiling. "Your here." I say laughing a little. "Yeah. I had to leave the concert early. But I'm here." He says wipes sweat off my forehead. I see Danielle leave behind Niall.

"Really?" I ask in awe. He skipped his concert for me and Brielle. "Yeah now lets have this baby." He says and kisses my forehead. "Ok." I say and doctors come over to me. Niall quickly scoots into the uncomfortable hospital bed with me.

I sit in his lap and he holds my hand. "Ok Miss we need you to start pushing." She says and I do so. I wince and start crying even more. I squeeze Niall's hand as hard as I can and he pushes my hair out of my face. "Ok we've got the head out and I'm going to need you to give another big push." A doctor says.

I squeeze my eyes shut hard and squeeze. I push as hard as I can and hear a quiet little cry. "I open my eyes slowly and see the doctors holding walking to my side holding her.

I take her from their hands and cry. She opens her eyes and looks a me. She has the bluest eyes like Niall's but my small nose. She looks at Niall and points her finger at him. I look up at him to see him crying. "I'm sorry but we have to go clean her off. She would be back soon."

The nurse takes Brielle away and Niall kisses me hard. I kiss him back and he hugs me. "You did it." He says and kisses me again. "We did it." I say and cup his soft cheek. "When does the concert end?" I ask him. "In ten minutes. They should be here in an hour." He says after checking his phone.

"Ok." I say and kiss him again. "Here she is." The same nurse from before says and hands us Brielle who was now wrapped in a pink bundle. She looked up into my eyes and the tips of her lips went up but not enough to smile. She'll learn to do that soon.

"I love you so much." I tell her even though she doesn't understand anything I say. I kiss her forehead slowly. "Niall?" I ask him and hold her out. He hesitates but gently takes her from my arms and into his.

I watch him carefully rock her side to side. "Your doing great." I whisper and he smiles. Brielle closes her eyes fast. "Okay we are going to leave you Mr. Horan with Brielle while Ms. Horan gets checked out so we can see if everything went okay." A doctor says and Niall gets up from the bed. We both stay silent from exhaustion.

*niall*

They leave me alone and I sit down in a chair with Brielle . I don't have much experience with babies. And I've never been alone with one either. I slowly rock her in my arms but she stays awake. I stop moving her in hope she would fall asleep but she starts crying immediately.

I start rocking her back in forth to make her stop. Oh god. She doesn't stop crying so I call Harry. "Brielle is crying and I can't get her to stop. Help me." I say worried. He laughs at me and I hear the other boys talking in the background.

"Just sing something to her. She will fall asleep in a snap. And we will be there in twenty minutes by the way." He tells me and I nod, even though he can't see me. "Yeah ok, ok. I'll do that. See you soon. Thanks." I tell him and look around the empty room. "No problem." He says then hangs up.

"Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss. And all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this. I'm just the underdog who finally got the girl. And I am not ashamed to tell it to the world." I sing to her and she quiets down and her eyes get droopy.

I continue to sing for awhile until she falls asleep then I set her down in my lap. There is a quiet knock on the door and I sigh before saying, "Come in."

The boys come in and sit down around me. "Wow." Louis says once he sees her. "She looks just like you." Liam adds and they all agree. "C- Can I hold her?" Harry asks and I pick her up.

"Sure." I say and hand Brielle to him. He gasps and gently rocks her side to side. "Where is Danielle?" Liam asks. "Bathroom." I say and he nods before leaving the room.

Ariana walks through the door and everyone looks up at her. "Hey guys." She says and Louis moves so she can sit next to me. "Thanks." She quietly says and looks at Brielle.

"What's her full name?" Louis asks us. "Brielle, Belle for short, Lily Horan." She says and they all smile. "Beautiful." Danielle says walking in the room filled by Liam.

"May I?" She asks politely. I nod and carefully hand Brielle to Danielle and she gasps. "She looks just like you two. Oh my." She says then gives her back to Ariana.

*ariana*

Danielle hands me Brielle and I silently thank her. Brielle makes a little noise like a squeal mixed with a wine. We all stare at her in awe and she stares right back.

"We can leave the hospital now. The doctors told me." I tell them because I honestly hate this place.

"Ugh finally. Let's leave already." Zayn says over dramatically and I giggle. Niall takes my hand while we walk out of the room and down the hallway all together.

***

We arrived back at the hotel and asked the hotel managers for a crib and luckily they had one. Brielle fell asleep at 5:30 and it was just me and Niall asleep too.

I wake up and hear Brielle crying. I try to get out of bed and Niall grabs my wrist and pulls me back. "I got it." He says and rubs his eyes before slowly walking away.

He comes back a minute later holding a wide awake baby. He lays her down on the bed in her diaper and tickles her stomach. She lifts her feet up to her face and giggles.

He blows a raspberry on her stomach and she pulls on his hair while giggling even more. He try's to pull away then yelps. "Ow!" He says and she releases his hair.

They both smile and I realize I'm smiling too. He hoops her nose then the stomach, then ear, then foot, then hip, toe, hand, chin, until her gets every part of her little body.

She laughs the whole time until he stops then she looks at me and rolls over. She makes a noise that I can't understand and I pick her up. I hold her up high and make high pitched noises.

I bring her down and give her a raspberry. Then I do it again so she'll stay happy then lay her down on the bed. Me and Niall smile at each other.

I thought parenting would be super hard but this isn't even that bad.