Chapter 17: Destiny Is A Fickle Thing

After hearing that her longtime friend, the one that had stood by her side no matter what, was created by Mr. Gold through the use of Black Magic and that Asmund was never destined to exist, Emma stood there flabbergasted.

"You...you mean to tell me that my best friend was not supposed to be alive in the first place?" she questioned in disbelieve and Mr. Gold looked down shamefully, "No...no, there is no way that is possible."

"Sorry dearie, but it's true." a woman's voice said behind them and they spun around to see Cora standing there with a smirk on her face, "Rumple, my dear...it's been a while."

"Cora." Mr. Gold replied as he moved in front of Emma and Mary as if protecting them, "What are you doing here?"

"Haven't you heard?" Cora asked with a sweet smile, "I'm here to see my daughter...have you told them exactly how you created the vessel?"

"You don't get to talk about Asmund after what you did to him." Emma threatened angrily and Cora laughed wickedly at her.

"Oh please, Savior." Cora sneered, "Asmund is no more than something created to be a weapon against all that sought harm against Mr. Gold and I."

"Wait...Gold and you?" Mary questioned in horror and Cora nodded as Mr. Gold looked away.

"Yes, Rumple and I created Asmund with Black Magic and some special ingredients." Cora explained, "We desired power and the ability to throw our enemies into the dustbin, but even we had limitations, so we sought out a vessel that could hold limitless power, but that could be molded to do our bidding. Although it didn't go quite as I expected, since Rumple took the power and ingredients necessary to make the vessel from me, and he helped Regina send me to Wonderland."

"What ingredients did you need exactly?" Mary asked curiously yet afraid of what they used.

"We combined our powers along with the magic in my spellbook and various magical items as well as stealing the blood of the royal king and the blood of Regina to create the vessel." Cora answered as Emma and Mary looked at her in horror, "Everything was set up until Rumple betrayed and cast me out so he could create this weapon for himself...it's unfortunate that your little boy hasn't proven to be the weapon we intended...how disappointing!"

"You keep away from Asmund." Mr. Gold threatened darkly and Cora scoffed at him, "I mean it, Cora...you shall not touch one hair on Asmund's head."

"Very well." Cora said shrugging and Mr. Gold looked at her in surprise and confusion, "I shall not touch him...but that doesn't mean that I ain't going to get rid of the failure and gain his power for myself."

"No!" Mr. Gold shouted in anger as he realized Cora's plan and Cora waved a hand over Gold, Emma, and Mary and froze them in place.

"Oh my dear, Rumple...did you really think that I would allow you to stop me?" Cora said shaking her head in disappointment, "Dark One, I learned long ago not to let you mess with me, so do your part and stay here with the Savior and her mother."

As Emma, Gold, and Mary watched in fear of what Cora planned to do to Asmund as she vanished in a puff of smoke, they were unable to move due to her magic and were left on the beach. On the other side of town; Asmund, whose condition was dire, laid inside the time freezing shield as David sat on a chair next to his bed in the other side of town, hoping that Dr. Whale save him and as he sat there, Mulan and Aurora sat in the waiting room still within range if David needed them.

"Are you okay, Princess Aurora?" Mulan asked as Aurora sat there looking around the hospital.

"Yes, I am just still taking in this new realm...it is so much different than our world." Aurora answered smiling at her friend, "How are you adjusting, Mulan?"