Chapter 12: Memory Lane

Asmund stood in Regina's vault, looking at David who sat bound on a chair and head hung low as he was breathing hard while sweating. For the last few days; Asmund had been diving into David's mind, trying to find any secrets about Emma and the town's plan to try and cast out Regina and Regina had thought it best if Asmund transported David to her vault instead of keeping him at the house where Henry and the others could come at any time.

"Has he given any information yet?" Regina asked Asmund as she came down the stairwell leading to her vault and Asmund turned his head slightly to her as he held out a hand towards David, emitting a red aura as he searched through his mind.

"Patience, Regina." Asmund answered, "This process can't be rushed and you know that."

"Perhaps you aren't trying hard enough." Regina growled as she rushed past Asmund, hands covered in darkness when she skidded backward without any control of her own body, "Asmund."

"I promised your son that David wouldn't come to any harm." Asmund told her as he glared at her, "If you want your son to like you again, you best not harm his grandfather."

"Fine..." Regina said with a huff as she crossed her arms, "What do you suggest I do then?"

"Perhaps you should go visit the town as the mayor and keep it in order as you like it." Asmund suggested and Regina nodded, "Nothing dramatic though, Your Highness."

Regina rolled her eyes as she started heading out before stopping and turning back to Asmund with a quizzical look on her face.

"He doesn't know he is in here, does he?" she asked concerned and Asmund let out a dark chuckle.

"Please, I ain't that stupid." he scoffed, "Our Prince Charming is trapped in his own mind with no awareness of the real world."

"You are indeed powerful." Regina remarked in awe before heading out and Asmund smiled softly before turning his attention back on David.

He sighed as he stopped his spell and popped his neck to relieve the tension in his neck as he stretched his sore muscles, surprised at how strong the prince's mind was against his magic.

"Not bad, prince." Asmund remarked as he summoned another chair to appear across from David and sat on it, "Let's see how you do against this though."

Asmund took in a deep breath before closing his eyes and summoning his powers, concentrating on his mind-melding spell and he opened his eyes to show that they were glowing full black, activating his spell and melding his and David's mind together.

David was gathering his coat in Grandma's diner as everyone was partying together, glad that the curse had just been broken and reunited with each other, but David didn't quite feel like partying with the others.

"Charming." Mary said as David walked outside and he sighed as he turned to her, "Where are you going?"

"I am going to look for Asmund." he replied and she raised an eyebrow in shock.

"Asmund...as in the Grand Mage?" she questioned stunned and David nodded, "I thought that Asmund's name sounded slightly familiar but to think that he was the same mage that helped send our daughter through realms."

"No one remembered him..." David said sadly, "Hell I don't think he even remembers who he is."

"Do you want some help looking for him?" Mary offered as she stepped down the diner's steps.

"No, I'm good." David said quickly as he backed up slightly.

Asmund stood as an invisible presence witnessing David's memories with much curiosity as he watched what unfolded before him.