Chapter 8: New Storybrooke

"Why can't I remember anything, Rumpelstiltskin?" Asmund growled angrily as he glared at the man, "What did Regina's curse do to me?"

"It wasn't her..." Mr. Gold said looking at Asmund closely, "You...you left the Enchanted Forest before the curse fully took over the castle right?"

Asmund nodded slowly as he recalled his dream and the story.

"Then whatever happened to your memories isn't because of the curse." Mr. Gold told him and Asmund looked at him confused.

"Are you saying that I did this to myself?" he questioned and Mr. Gold shrugged at him, "Then...I may be the only person that can get my own memories back but...have no idea how."

"Perhaps this book can help you." Mr. Gold said as a red runic book with a blue sapphire diamond sat in the middle of the book and Asmund stared at it in shock as it looked like the book from his vision before but that other book had been golden with an emerald stone in the middle, "This is a book of spells...perhaps it holds the key to get back your memories."

"I'm guessing that I need to do another favor for you?" Asmund questioned suspiciously and Mr. Gold chuckled.

"No need...you and Emma paid the favor by breaking the curse." he told Asmund, "Now...if you excuse me...I need to go prepare some stuff in the back."

Mr. Gold set the book on the glass display before heading into the back room as Asmund gathered himself and picked up the book, feeling a rush of power echoing from the book and into himself, and he headed out of the pawnshop only to see the residents of Storybrooke hugging each other as their memories had returned and Asmund saw David walking down the streets, looking around as if he was searching for someone. Asmund's and David's eyes met each other across the street and a look of recognition and relief swept across David's face as he began to quickly walk towards Asmund.

"Charming?!" Mary's voice called out and Asmund turned to his left to see Mary rushing towards David and Asmund's heart broke as he saw them embrace each other, "Oh my god, we found each other."

Asmund's eyes shifted down in sadness as David hugged Mary, looking over her shoulder to see Asmund beginning to walk away backward with a look of hurt written all over his face and David watched Asmund walk away alone while everyone else was reuniting with their loved ones. Asmund arrived at his inn room and began packing his belongings, ready to leave Storybrooke since he had done what he needed to do. Asmund heard the people laughing down in the streets and he continued to pack, soon finishing and heading downstairs to his car and threw his bags in his car, closing the trunk before heading to the driver's seat. Asmund opened the door to the driver's seat when it suddenly closed as Asmund sensed magic being used

"Leaving so soon, Grand Mage?" Regina said coming up behind him and Asmund sighed as he turned to her.

"Have you come to kill me, Evil Queen?" Asmund asked her and she scoffed, "Emma and I did break your curse."

"I'm curious about how you were part of the prophecy to break my curse considering who you truly are." Regina answered and Asmund looked at her confused, "Oh...you don't know who you are?"

"You're saying that you do?" Asmund questioned and she smiled wickedly at him.

"Why don't you come over and I'll tell you all about it?" she said and Asmund looked over at the diner where all the townsfolk were gathered and celebrating, "C'mon, it's not like they care about you anymore. You broke part of the curse and not one of them has thanked you for it, have they?"

Asmund kept quiet as he knew that Regina was right and she held out a hand towards him, which he took and they vanished in a pillar of smoke, heading back to her house where she led Asmund to the dining room.