Chapter 14: Defying Destiny

Asmund grunted as he walked the ground of Enchanted Forest bound in chains as the lady in armor, Mulan, dragged him and David who was also bound again in a similar fashion as the second lady, Princess Aurora, followed behind David as Mulan led them to her camp.

"You know, I could have spared us from these chains." Asmund remarked to David quietly, "In fact, we could well be gone from this place if you allowed me to use magic."

"We need to find out how this world is still in one piece after Regina's curse." David told him and Asmund rolled his eyes.

"We're here." Mulan told the group as they arrived at a small camp full of soldiers and Asmund looked around the camp, already analyzing their defenses and weak points and Mulan turned to one of the soldiers, "Put them in the pit until our leader is ready to talk to them."

Asmund was about to break free when David bumped his shoulder and stopped him with a shake of his head as Asmund groaned in irritation and allowed him and David to be put in the pit and Asmund looked up as Mulan and Aurora moved away, leaving David and Asmund alone in the pit.

"So..." Asmund said as he sat down on a stone slab, "Any bright plans if you won't let me get us out of here?"

"You never did have patience." David replied chuckling as he looked around the pit to see if there was a way out.

"And you were always naive to a point." Asmund shot back sourly as he crossed his arms and huffed as David looked at him curiously causing Asmund to look at him and sigh, "Yeah Gold kinda jump-started my memories...they aren't all back but I remember some of them...the ones that I do remember are about you mostly...with your naive handsomeness."

"Really? Handsome and naive?" David questioned surprised as he flashed a goofy grin and Asmund turned away bashfully.

"Don't read that much into it." Asmund said clearing his throat and he looked up at the opening of the pit confused, "I thought Regina destroyed this place with her curse?"

"Looks like it wasn't all destroyed." David pointed out and Asmund turned his head sharply to his left as he sensed that they weren't alone in the pit and he sped in front David, causing the prince to look at him confused, "Asmund?"

"We're not alone." Asmund said in a serious tone and David tensed up immediately as they heard soft footsteps coming towards them.

"No magic..." David whispered leaning in close to Asmund who huffed in annoyance but obeyed David's command.

"Two men dressed in strange garments." a woman's voice echoed from the shadows and Asmund kept himself in front of David in a protective manner as an older woman with curly long brown hair and brown eyes wearing a brown dress came out of the shadows, "I take it that you're not from around here."

Asmund's eyes widened slightly as visions of this woman appeared in his mind but he was certain that he had never seen her before though he sensed powerful magic stirring within her.

"Who are you?" David questioned as he kept close to Asmund and the woman smiled at them.

"Just someone that was wrongfully imprisoned here." she said sadly yet Asmund could detect that was a lie but he said nothing about it, "Perhaps we can make a deal getting out of here."

"Sorry lady, but we don't trust you." Asmund said before David could respond to her and Asmund started to guide David away from the woman.

"Oh fine...you caught me." The lady said and Asmund glanced back at her suspiciously, "I know exactly who you two are...Prince Charming and Asmund the Grand Mage."

Asmund quickly pushed David out of the way as the woman summoned a fireball and blasted it at them, hitting Asmund and knocking the mage back as he was unable to put up a protection spell in time.