Chapter 7: Curse Broken

Asmund and Charming rushed out of Asmund's room into town right after the ground stopped quaking and found the townsfolk murmuring to themselves.

"Ruby, what's going on?" Asmund questioned heading towards the young woman with Charming close to his side.

"I don't know." Ruby said shaking her head confused, "But that didn't feel normal, did it?"

"I've been around earthquakes before but nothing like that." Asmund replied, "Any damages?"

"Just some stuff knocked over but nothing extreme." Mother Superior said coming up to them, "I see our John Doe has woken up."

"Yeah, he came and saw me at the inn." Asmund told her as Regina watched from afar in shock and anger to see Charming awake and Asmund turned to Charming, "It seems weird to call you John Doe though. Do you recall your name?"

"Oh David!" a woman cried out happily and Asmund and Charming turned to see a woman with long curly blonde hair and blue-green eyes wearing a blue skirt and white blouse running up to them and she hugged Charming tightly, "I thought I'd never find you."

"I'm sorry and you are?" Asmund questioned as Charming looked at the woman with no recognition and then looked at Asmund for help.

"This is Kathryn Nolan." Regina said coming up to them, "And this man is her husband, David Nolan."

"Come on...let's go home, David." Kathryn told Charming as she started dragging him away and David looked at Asmund once more apologetically as he was taken away by Kathryn and Asmund turned to Regina as she smirked at him.

"I have no idea what you have planning but this won't stay like this forever." Asmund seethed in anger as he took a step up to her.

"Is that a threat, Asmund?" Regina questioned in mock shock and she glared at him, "You and Emma won't get your way so you best stay out of my way."

Regina walked off in a hurry as Asmund stood there in the streets glaring after her and he clenched his fists in anger as his magic seeped out and Regina's car tie popped before she could get into the car, causing her to stop in horror as she turned back and looked at Asmund in genuine shock while Asmund tilted his head up in defiance and walked off to the inn.

Several weeks later; Asmund had told Henry what had happened and although Henry was ecstatic that Charming, or David...whatever he was called in this world, was awake, he was sad that Regina had found David's 'wife' and Henry suggested that they find a way to break the second part of the curse which would take Emma's doing. In the meantime; Asmund kept a low profile not using his magic and helping the town out where they needed the help such as helping Granny and Ruby with the restaurant and inn as well as helping out in the hospital and school. Asmund had seen David around town but whenever David would see him and try to go over to Asmund, Kathryn would appear out of nowhere it seemed and dragged him off. One day Asmund was helping out around the restaurant when he heard the bell above the door while getting coffee in a new pot.

"Go ahead and have a seat and I'll be right with you." Asmund called over his shoulder as he finished getting the new fresh coffee done to brew into the pot and he turned to see David standing in front of the bar dressed in black jeans and a white button-up shirt, hair grown out a little bit and styled back in a wavy style, "David..."

"Hi." David said smiling softly and somewhat bashfully.

"Um...have a seat." Asmund told him motioning to the bar stools and he handed David a menu, "Anything you'd like to have?"

"Cup of coffee if you have a fresh one." David requested and Asmund nodded as he reached around for the new pot of coffee and grabbed David a mug, pouring the coffee into it before handing it to the man, "Thank you."