Twelve.

They separated Sebastian and me, putting him in a cell with some random individuals while I was thrown In a dungeon because I was 'too dangerous to be near anyone' well, they can suck my non-existent dick if they want to.

They didn't provide me any water or food, and even if they did, I wouldn't consume anything because I was chained. I couldn't see anything because the room was dark.

I didn't mind being alone in the dark because it had always been my haven since I was a child. The darkness makes me feel something, and it makes me feel safe.

My brief bliss was shattered by the sound of the door opening and a bulb turning on, revealing Kenji and two other men, most likely his second men.

One had dark blonde hair with a foolish smile on his lips, and the other had dark blonde hair and blue bright eyes. The other had a muscular build, a dull solid face, brown thick hair, and brown eyes.

"My, my, so you're the lady who took out the bossman? Mamasita, I don't mind if you put those legs down on me." the blonde man smirked, Kenji, on the other hand, frowned at him before striking the back of his head "She didn't take me down idiot," both men gave Kenji the 'look at yourself dude' look.

They continued to bicker like children while I studied the other man who was zoning out on the wall as if he was physically present but mentally absent.

"..yeah well you gotta put ice on that bossman." The blonde man said happily, he's a ray of sunshine. It's annoying.

"Look, if you're going to kill me, get it over with because I quite frankly have people on my list to hunt rather than listen to your ridiculous argument," I clear my throat, attracting everyone's attention, even the quiet man who was surprised by my outburst.

"Excuse me, love, but I'd want to introduce myself. Massimo is my given name, but you can call me daddy if you prefer." Kenji punched him in the gut after he winked at me. "Wait a minute, guy, I was joking." He let out a grunt.

I roll my eyes. Kids.

Kenji cleared his throat before pulling out a chair "why are you here?" He asked.

"To kill you."

"Who's your master?" He asks again.

What am I supposed to say, Jesus? "I'm an atheist."

Massimo laughs, and as Kenji turns to look at him, he regains his calm fast, "sorry." He mutters.

"I've had enough." The quiet man stands up harshly and comes right in front of me "I wouldn't do that if I was y-" Kenji doesn't get to finish his sentence before I rush up, wrap my legs around the man's neck, and bring him to the ground with me, using the chains as support.

He lays flat on the ground, still stunned, and tries to throw me off, but I strike him in the nose, feeling his bone fracture against my knuckles.

While Massimo is on the ground laughing his head off, Kenji tries to pull me away from him, but I refuse to budge and continue striking his nose and cheeks.

This time, he catches my fist with one hand while slamming his other hand into my face, causing my nose and lips to bleed.

Kenji takes me entirely off him and throws me on the ground before dragging the other man across the room, where I can't reach him since I'm chained like an animal.

"She's fucking crazy!" The man yells, grabbing his nose, and I burst out laughing hysterically, Massimo now appears as though he's seen a ghost and stops laughing.

I surely don't look that bad right?

"Massimo take Vince to Leo to have his nose examined". "Aw man, I wanted to watch the devil and you interact!" I'm the one locked up by cruel people yet I'm still the devil? "Go." This time, Kenji issues an authoritative order, and Massimo and Vince have already left.

Kenji exhales deeply before turning around and standing directly in front of me. I know he's trying to read my body language, but there's nothing there

I'm empty.

"Can you tell me why you're doing this?" He asks, and he appears to be oblivious. Is he that clueless?

"Amsterdam, July 2003. You assassinated both of my parents." Simply put, I don't feel anything. He frows his brows as if trying to recall the moment.

He doesn't even remember the family he killed.

"I was six years old. My dad had me do it, it was an assignment I had to perform to finish my last training," he says matter-of-factly, and I stare at him blankly.

Is that supposed to make me feel better?

"I don't give a damn, you killed my parents in cold blood; I'll make you pay!"I sneer "I was a kid!". "I was, too!" I counter. "I, too, was a child who had to see my family's murder directly in front of my eyes. Not only that, but you and your father abandoned me!" I was angry, angry that he still didn't see the wrong with this

The worst part, he doesn't even look apologetic.

"Athena, the damage has already been done; you can't undo what has happened."yes, yes, yes," I may not be able to reverse what occurred to me.

but I can certainly prevent it from happening to anyone else." Even if that were the last thing I could do, I refuse to allow you harm innocent life." I give him my full attention.

I sag against the wall, looking down, and he sees that as a sign that I don't want to chat any longer and walks out, turning off the light and closing the door behind him.

I will get justice for you, mama.