Four.

In my younger and more vulnerable years, my mother gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," she told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

My relationship with my mother was the best, but I should have known. It looked too perfect. It looked too good to last.

Strolling through the snow-covered streets, the day had begun like any other. Snow danced gracefully to the floor like a prima ballerina; my breath fogged in front of me and I skipped through the deserted back streets.

Blissfully unaware of what lay ahead of me. The cobbled street was mine to enjoy and I twisted and turned, this way and that, reveling in the freedom on the delicate winter's day.

Winter is my favorite season. I love everything about it. I like the cold weather, which always makes the sky seem so blue... Because time goes the sights are usually empty.

And I love being alone.

In the beginning, it wasn't a choice. I never liked being alone or feeling lonely but with time I embraced it.

I usually eat one meal a day sometimes it's dinner other times its lunch, but today I didn't feel like eating anything.

I go back into my apartment making my way to open the door but seeing that the rag wasn't like how I left it, indicating that there is someone in my apartment.

Without a second thought, I grab my gun and slowly turn the knob open, the place looks just like how I left it, no trace that anyone has been here.

Or that is what I thought.

The lights in my room were on; I never leave the lights on.

So I do what every girl does in those American movies and go in slowly making sure not to make a single sound.

This looks like I'm walking into a lion's den but what other choice do I have?

I go in and see for the first time in years I'm glued to my place.

I can't move.
I can't talk.

Tears in my eyes threatening to fall, my breath hitches in my throat. "What are you doing here?" I manage to croak out.

A/N
Who do you think she saw ?👀
Stay tuned for the following chapters!!

A/N Who do you think she saw ?👀Stay tuned for the following chapters!!