25

We're Not Friends | 25

One Month Later
Saturday
October 8th, 2022

"Stop looking at me like that." Laura says, not even taking her eyes off her laptop. Ross, who's been gazing at her for the past minute or so, smiles.

"Like what?" He asks. In his defense, he's not meaning to stare. He's supposed to be focusing on his own stuff; memorizing lines in between emails. He can't help it, though. She's sitting across the table from him as she looks through her emails and updates her team on more new music. She ignores his question.

"We're supposed to be working, Ross. We've been neglecting this crap for a couple weeks now." She's not lying, Ross has old emails on here. Rocky's been the one keeping up with the emails, Ross just need to catch up on the content and memorize his damn lies. But Laura is very distracting. He hums.

"Working is stupid." He comments. She finally looks up from her laptop, her glasses low on her nose. She hasn't bothered to move them up in awhile.

"Working is how we get paid, honey." He waves her words off. He's got money to keep him afloat for a little while. "Twenty more minutes, okay? Then we can cuddle up on the couch and do whatever it is you want to do." He raises his eyebrows.

"Whatever I want to do?" He questions. She gives him a hint of a smirk.

"Whatever you want to do." She repeats.

"I'm setting a timer." She rolls her eyes. Of course he's setting a timer. They work in silence for the remaining time. Ross ends up texting Rocky about FaceTiming tomorrow and solidifying a few things for the next single. The goal is for a mid December release date, that way they can film a music video for it to release with it. "Okay, times up!" He cheers, shutting his laptop. Laura stares at her laptop screen for a moment longer.

"Ten more minutes?" She asks nicely. He pouts.

"But ten more minutes will turn into a half hour." Now she pouts. Sighing, Ross slumps into his char. "Okay, you can work for ten more minutes."

"And you're going to be..." He shrugs.

"Should probably read aloud some of my lines." She smiles. "But ten minutes isn't enough. I'll do that tomorrow."

"We can work for longer than an extra ten minutes, Ross. It won't kill you to focus on anything other than me." She tells him.

"I don't know, Laura. It's pretty fucking awesome only focusing on you." She lets out a small laugh.

"Go read some of your lines." Dramatically, Ross stands up and grabs his script. "I'll come get you when I'm done with the rest of my emails." She can't help but smile as she watches him walk down the hall towards her bedroom. If she's being honest, she would absolutely love nothing more than to focus on him and only him. But they've both been swamped with filming that their music careers are still on the back burner. Then there's the fact that they get distracted easily together (it's honestly a miracle that Ross is listening to her and giving them a no distraction time) and can't focus on their music. The only difference this time is that they're both getting scolded by their teams to try harder. Forty minutes later, Ross walks out of her bedroom.

"Okay, I'm over it. I can't do this anymore." He sets his script down on her ottoman before falling onto his back into her couch. Sighing, Laura shuts her laptop and stands up.

"I'm actually pretty impressed that you read lines for that long. I thought for sure you'd come out in five minutes and start distracting me." Ross keeps his gaze on the ceiling, but once he hears her footsteps he holds him arms in the air. His way of telling her to come lay on him for cuddles. "Is this what you want to do?" She asks him. He nods his head. Chuckling, she lays herself down on top of him and cuddles her face into his neck. Ross wraps his arms around her and squeezing her, Laura plants a kiss on his skin. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. They're silent for a few minutes.