28

We're Not Friends | 28

A Few Weeks Later
Monday
December 5th, 2022

Ross glances down at his phone as it begins to vibrate against the table. For the past few hours him and Rocky have been in their garage studio all day messing around with a few different tracks. One of them could be potential single worthy but nothing is really standing out.

"That Laura?" Rocky asks, glancing at his brother.

"Yeah, I promised I'd call her at some point today. Didn't realize it's so late." He yawns at the mention of the time. He really didn't think it was almost ten o'clock at night. "I'll be right back." He picks his phone up and answers the FaceTime call as he heads for the door.

"Hey." He smiles at the sight of her. She looks like she's ready for bed. Well, she's definitely in her bed and sitting up against her headboard. She has her glasses on, too.

"Hey." He responds. "How was your day?" He asks.

"Okay." She shrugs with s sigh. "Kinda boring. Although I did have lunch with my sister so that was fun. But only that." She explains. Ross hums before answering.

"At least you got out of the house. We've been in the studio all day. Had a meeting with a couple people, I answered a bazillion emails, and we've been working on some tracks." Now Laura hums. "You ready for bed already?" He asks.

"Yeah, I think so. I'll probably put on a movie and fall asleep to it. I'm taking it as I'm not getting you again tonight?" She asks. They've slept a part the past few nights. It's been a weird transition going from spending every night tonight in Vancouver to only spending two or three nights together in L.A. but they're managing... kinda.

"Um, I don't know. I haven't asked Rocky when he plans on calling it a night. We have a phone interview in the morning, though, so I should probably stay here." She frowns. "If you're not too tired you can come here." He suggests. She raises her eyebrows now.

"I was planning on going to a pilates class in the morning..." She trails off. "But sleeping with you does sound more fun." He lets out a chuckle. "If I come over will you be done with Rocky before midnight?" She asks.

"I'll work until you get here. Promise we can go straight to bed then." She grins.

"I love you." Now he playfully rolls his eyes.

"I'm glad. Now get your ass over here so I can hug you and cuddle you." They did just see other the other day for dinner at the Lynch parents place and dinner the next day at the Marano's place, they just  haven't been able to sleep in the same bed due to early morning commitments.

"Okay okay, let me put on actual pants and I'll be on my way." He gives her a thumbs up.

"Okay, but make sure you take those pants off when you get here." She chuckles.

"Mhmmm I'll think about it." That's a lie, she doesn't need to think. She'll definitely be taking her pants off once she's in his room.

"Drive safe, okay? Text when you're here and I'll meet you at the front door." She nods.

"Okay. See you soon." Ross smiles.