1

okay excuse my messiness of a first chapter. it's all over the place and i'm so sorry about that but i couldn't spend an entire chapter on any parts of it... i promise it gets more organized after this. so bear with me for this first chapter.

on another note... thank you for choosing my story to read. i love you all and appreciate the hell out of you. without you i wouldn't be where i am or who i am today <3

We're Not Friends | 1

Thursday
May 12th, 2022

"When is call time again?" Ross asks his costar, Chance, as they walk into the main doors of their apartment building. Chance puffs out a breath as he tries to remember call time himself. The two of them just finished up having lunch down the street at one of their regular spots they've been going to over the years and now it's a waiting game until they have to be on set.

"Um... five, I believe? So the car should be here around three thirty." It's a night shoot tonight, and when it comes to call times after four o'clock, traffic to set is terrible. From somewhere in the lobby, Ross hears a familiar laugh. Furrowing his eyebrows, he scans the lobby of his apartment building until his gaze falls on a brunette who's talking to a resident of the building in the corner by the elevators. "What's wrong?" Chance asks, noticing the look of confusion on Ross' face.

"That's Laura Marano over there." Ross says as he nods his head in her direction. At this point, everybody in the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina cast knows who Laura is. Over the years she's been invited to many of Kiernan's get togethers/parties in L.A. that they've all met her numerous times. What confuses Ross is the fact that she's here, in Vancouver, and in his apartment building.

"Shit, really?" Chance asks, now looking in Laura's general direction. "Damn, what's she doing in Vancouver?" Ross shrugs his shoulders.

"No clue." He admits quietly. Despite them being best friends for years in the past (hint, in the past), they hardly keep in touch like they used to. "I'm gonna say hi before heading up. Do you want to say hi?" Ross asks him. Chance thinks it over.

"Sam's waiting for me in the gym. Can you tell her I said hi?" Ross gives him a head nod. "Sweet, see ya man, thanks for getting lunch with me. I'll see you when the car gets here." He gently shoves Ross' shoulder before heading towards the elevators. During his small conversation with Chance, Laura saw him on the other side of the room, so now that Chance is gone and Ross turns in her direction again, their gazes meet. They smile at each other. After a second, Ross furrows his eyebrows at her and points to the ground, his way of asking her what she's doing here. Her eyes widen the slightest, her way of telling him to hold on. She used to that back in the Austin and Ally days when she'd be talking to someone and he'd do everything in his power to annoy her. Laura ends the conversation with the woman she's talking to and waves her off as she heads towards the elevator. Ross makes his way to her.

"Hey, stranger." Laura says, giving him a smile. He smiles down at her before opening his arms for a hug. She squeezes him.

"What are you doing here?" Ross asks her as the pull away.

"Um, I'm actually filming a new show." He raises his eyebrows at her.

"Really? Is it for Netflix?" He asks. She nods her head at his words. "Makes sense. This seems to be the building where all Netflix residents stay for tv shows." She looks around.