4

We're Not Friends | 4

Same Day
Saturday
May 21st, 2022

Lunch ends up going better than Ross originally thought it would. He was expecting awkwardness between him and Laura, but nothing was really awkward. He thinks that because his friends know something's off between the two of them they helped keep that awkwardness away, and he's extremely grateful for that. Their walk back to the building was filled with more random conversations. However, instead of standing on opposite sides of the group like they did on the way to the cafe, they were standing on either side of Kiernan, sandwiching her between them.

"Okay, I have to let Zora out potty, but I was thinking we could watch a movie at my place?" Jaz questions once they enter the lobby of their apartment building.

"Zora's your dog, right?" Laura asks. They've been following each other in social media for a few years now so Laura has seen plenty of photos of Zora, but she never actually remembered her name.

"Yes, have you met her before?" She asks Laura.

"No, just see pictures you post. She's adorable." Jaz smiles.

"Thank you! You're more than welcome to watch a movie and meet her. You guys are down for a movie, right?" She's directing it towards her cast mates, who all chime in with a yes or absolutely. Well, except Ross. He doesn't say anything until the elevator doors open up to the fifteenth floor.

"Actually, is it okay if me and Laura catch up with you guys later?" Stormie's word's repeat in Laura's head and she closes her eyes. Shit. She looks at Ross. She really wants to meet Zora. "I promise we'll join them for the movie in a bit and you can play with her dog." A small smile forms on Laura's face. He's really starting to prove her wrong.

"Okay, is that okay with you guys?" Laura asks.

"Of course. I'll leave the door unlocked so just come in when you're done." Ross gives Jaz a smile and as a group, With Ross and Laura trailing behind, they walk down the long hallway until they reach their section of apartments. Stopping in front of room 34, Laura watches as the rest of the gang walks a couple doors down to Jaz's place.

"Could you be more obvious?" Laura mumbles to Ross as he gets his keys out.

"Considering they already asked me if something was wrong between us? No." He tells her. She furrows her eyebrows and crosses her arms in front of her chest. Ross fumbles with the key hole for a moment, but eventually unlocks his door and opens it, letting Laura walk in first. Her eyes immediately land on his mini studio setup in his living room. She sets her purse down on his kitchen counter.

"Whoa." She walks over to it, running her fingers along the keys on his electric piano. It's off but she couldn't help but hum quietly to what it would have sounded like if the keys were on. "Dude, this is awesome." Her eyes land on his sound board. "Is this a good brand?" She asks, pointing to it. "I've been wanting to buy one to have while I'm up here to mess around a bit but I don't know which one I should get." She used to have one in her house back in L.A. but it was Thom's, so when they broke up he took it with him.

"Uh, yeah, that's my favorite brand." He tells her. "Do you want anything to drink?" He asks. Any alcohol you have would be fantastic, is what she wants to say. But since she's been told to talk to him soberly... well, alcohol isn't in the picture.

"No thank you." She says instead. Ross nods his head and grabs his water water off the counter for himself. Neither of them wanted to be the first to speak. Laura keeps herself busy by looking at everything on Ross' mini studio set up. Ross keeps his eyes on her, waiting for her to crack and say she's sorry or say let's talk or say something. Once she ran out of things to look at, her eyes wander over to his balcony. "Whoa." She walks over towards the sliding glass door. With a sigh, he walks after her.