27

Wow party people it's been well over a month! Sorry for the delay but it is here :) please read the end for an update on how long this book will be going on ❤️

We're Not Friends | 27

A Few Days Later
Friday
November 11th, 2022

"What did you want to do today?" Laura asks as she takes a sip of her warm tea. Ross looks away from the view off their balcony and looks over at Laura. He can't help but smile. She's in his button down t-shirt he wore last night at dinner. He absolutely loves it when she wears his button down shirts. They arrived in Bend, Oregon around 4pm last night. Their hotel is right on the Deschutes river, their balcony having the perfect view of it. They dressed up for dinner at a upscale restaurant on the river. Their trip has been nothing but amazing. They've been to Seattle, Portland, and Seaside so far. Every place has been beautiful.

"There's this cool park along the river that looks really pretty this time of year. At least on google it does. It's on the river and has walking trails and picnic tables. We could have a late lunch there." He shrugs. When it's come to exploring in the cities they've been to, Ross has been the researcher.

"Ooo, a picnic? The last time we had a picnic was the day after we first had sex and I told you us sleeping together meant nothing and our friendship wouldn't change." Laura tells him. "Look at us now." Ross chuckles.

"I'm sure millions of people would love to look at us now." He mumbles. Laura hums in agreement. Millions of people would love to see them now. They've come a long way from 2011. "Do you want to be lazy until noon and then do a late picnic and a late dinner?" He asks. It's only 10 o'clock now, they've been up for a half hour just sipping their tea and admiring their view.

"Okay." She shrugs. "I'm glad we're doing this. Filming was stressful." Ross chuckles. He forgets this is her first time being in a show since Austin and Ally. Not only that but with it being hour long episodes and single cam shot? It's a hell of a lot harder and more time consuming than any sitcom.

"I'm glad I'm done." He breathes out. "Sucks, though. We won't be together in Canada when you get to shoot your next season." Laura rolls her eyes.

"We won't even know about a season two until it comes out." Her Netflix show is scheduled to come out early March. "But, if we do get a season two, you'll just have to come up and visit me when you have a few days off. And I'll just have to leave for music every few weeks to come see you." He grins.

"Sounds like a good plan." He tells her.

"We are not going to go months without seeing each other anymore, okay? I refuse to go that long without seeing you. I say the longest we can be apart is a month. If that means flying to a different country to be together, then so be it." He chuckles at her determination. She scoots closer to him and wraps her arms around his neck. "Don't laugh at me, baby. I can't go that long without seeing you anymore." She kisses his cheek several times.

"I don't think I could go that long without you either." He admits. "It's a deal, Laura. No more than a month apart." She pulls back the slightest to kiss him square on the lips. "Ooo, careful there. You're making it very hard not to rip the buttons off your shirt right now." She kisses him again.

"You better not. This shirt is sexy on you." He hums against her lips.

"It's pretty fucking sexy on you, too. More sexy on you than it is on me." She pulls back and laughs.

"I agree." Playfully rolling his eyes, he leans over to her and kisses her again.

• <3 <3 <3 •