26

Before we get into this...
I HAVE A NEW BOOK OUT!!!

Stop what you're doing right now and go to my profile so you can add my new book, Our Song || Raura to your libraries because she is officially out!!! Go show her some love! I'm super excited about this story so please please please go check it out, leave me a nice comment, vote for it, all the shit you do for this story. I would greatly appreciate it ❤️ the cover of the book is shown at the end of this chapter!!

We're Not Friends | 26

One Month Later
Sunday
November 6th, 2022

Ross and Laura stand around the conveyer belt as they wait for their luggage to come out. Their plane landed twenty minutes later than it was supposed to die to having to fly around strong winds heading into the Bellingham area in Washington State. Mark has another hour and a half before he needs to report to his plane, still giving them plenty of time to grab a late lunch before he has to report back to work.

"Ooo, I see one!" Laura exclaims, placing a hand on Ross' forearm. Without a word, Ross takes a few steps forward and checks the tag before pulling it off the conveyor belt. It's one of his. Their luggage is a lot. Considering Ross completely moved out of Vancouver, he has all of his clothes to worry about and music equipment. This past week he donated all of his apartment furniture to a place that helps house those in need. Considering he already has enough furniture in L.A. he didn't need to keep anything. He's got a giant suitcase stuffed with all of his clothes (thanks to the vacuum sucking bags, he's going to have lots of wrinkly clothes but they're easy to dry or iron out), a two smaller suitcases full of music equipment, his mini keyboard in its case, his guitar in his case, a carry on suitcase full of his roadtrip essentials, and his backpack.

"Hey, do you wanna go find a cart really fast?" He asks her, realizing just how much shit is theirs. Laura gives him a thumbs up. Laura's unsure whether her show will get picked up for a season two, but until they hear the news Netflix is letting them keep their apartments fully furnished. Netflix pays for them, so there's no need to worry about rent. However, she did bring home almost all of her clothes and almost all of her music equipment. She has her carry on for her road trip essentials, her purse, a suitcase full of her music equipment, and a huge suitcase full of her clothes. "Thanks." Ross starts loading their luggage on the cart.

"We're lucky your dad had a similar schedule. There is no way we could do a road trip with all of this luggage, Ross. This is insane." Ross chuckles. With Mark being a pilot and flying into LAX after this (and being done for the day), he's able to pull some strings and bring their extra luggage on his flight. It'll be a challenge to bring everything home himself, but he made sure to drive the van today.

"We would have been screwed." Laura helps him load the rest of their things. He's in charge of pushing the full cart, she's in charge of guiding so they don't run into anyone or anything. Finding Mark took longer than they expected. Lugging around a giant car, dodging people, and looking at maps were not the easiest things to do. Mark was in a food court, sitting at an empty table wearing his pilot uniform.

"It is so good to see you both." Mark says, pulling his son in for a hug first. "Holy crap, you two. How much stuff do you have?" He asks, looking over Ross' shoulder at the cart of luggage.

"Most of it is your sons." Laura says, getting pulled in for a hug after Ross.

"Hey, I'm the one who's actually moving out. Of course I have more shit." Laura playfully rolls her eyes. "Don't let her fool you, she left lots of her things in Vancouver." Mark laughs at the two.