3

We're Not Friends | 3

One Week Later
Saturday
May 21st, 2022

The days following their big blowout, neither of them tried to contact each other. Laura's too embarrassed of the way she acted to reach out to him. She handled it terribly and doesn't even know how to apologize for her drunken state. And with him not contacting her, she feels like he's mad at her and doesn't want to hear from her. He's not mad at her, though. He could never be mad at her, especially for expressing how she feels. He's still giving her space and according to all his brothers and sister, space is good. Rocky blabbed to the entire Lynch family that him and Laura had a fight. Their family group chat has been pretty interesting the last few days. And his almost daily FaceTime calls from his mom.

However, when Kiernan called up Laura this morning and invited her to a cast lunch, she accepted. It took a little bit of convincing on Kiernan's end for her to actually say yes to the invitation. Her main reason for considering was that she didn't want to see Ross, but she didn't tell her that. Instead she fed her the usual; I'm not apart of the cast, won't it be weird? After a million and one reassurances by Kiernan, she caved and said yes. Now she's in her bathroom and getting ready. She wasn't going to make herself too fancy, she's doing her everyday makeup; base, eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss, then straightening her hair. Vancouver's weather was still a little chillier than she's used to, so she put on a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a grey (fake) button up sweater, and her white nike tennis shoes. She's suppose to be meeting them in the lobby in ten minutes. She packs up her oversized purse and fills up her water bottle.

Ross meets his cast mates in the hall. He's in his usual; jeans and a loose button up shirt, his dirty yellow converse and a backwards hat on. He jogs to catch up with his cast mates farther down the hall.

"Maybe we'll catch her on the elevator." He hears Kiernan say.

"Who?" Ross asks.

"Laura." She smiles at him. His smile falters. "I called her earlier and invited her to lunch."

"Oh." Is all he says. Nobody notices his unsure tone.

"You said she wouldn't hang out with us that much, I'm proving you wrong, Ross." Kiernan ends her sentence in a sing-song tone. He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever." He mumbles, nudging her arm. I guess my space giving is coming to an end. "She likes you guys, of course she's gonna wanna hang out." He adds.

"Have you talked to her much since she's been here?" Lachlan's asks him. He shrugs his shoulders.

"Not really." He lies. Not really means a big fat no.

"Weren't you guys really close when you were younger?" Lach then asks.

"Extremely close, yeah. But we haven't been for years." Kiernan nudges him now with her usual grin on her face. He can't help but smile down at her.

"Well, now that she's hanging out with us you can get close again!" She cheers.

"Maybe." He smiles. They don't meet Laura in the elevator. She's already in the lobby of their apartment building waiting for them. She immediately smiles as she sees the Sabrina cast exit the elevators.

"Hello hello!" She says to them. She immediately pulls Kiernan in for a hug.

"I'm so glad you could make it. I'm sorry it was so last minute but we're didn't finalize our plans until late last night and Ross has mentioned that you go to bed early so I didn't want to wake you up." Laura waves her off. Only Kiernan, Lach, Gavin, Jaz, and Ross could actually make it. The rest of the cast had to reply to do other work related things.