Epilogue

We're Not Friends | Epilogue

Wednesday
February 8th, 2023

"Hello and welcome to an exclusive LiveStream with our good friends here at Entertainment Tonight, please welcome The Driver Era!" Rocky and Ross clap for theirselves and let out some whoop whoop cheers while the interviewer, Sarah, claps along with them.

"Whaddup whaddup." Ross says.

"It is so good to have you guys back in the studio. It's been about a year, yeah?" Ross scratches his chin for a moment and looks at his brother. Has it been about a year?

"Yeah yeah, around there." He finally says. "It's good to be back. We love doing these things." Rocky nods in agreement.

"They're fun, aren't they?" The interviewer says with a smile. "I believe you guys had an announcement you wanted to make... is this something you want to announce right now or keep all..." She squints to see the number of viewers watching. "four thousand of the wonderful viewers on the edge of their seat?" The boys look at each other.

"I think it's something we could announce now." Rocky says with a small head nod. "Yeah, we can announce it now." He motions Ross to take the lead. Smiling, Ross turns towards the camera.

"We, The Driver Era, have a single being released next Friday, which is February seventeenth." Rocky chimes in now.

"It's actually gonna be three singles." Ross points to his brother.

"Yes, three singles coming out next Friday. And next Wednesday, the fifteenth, we'll be announcing our tour dates for this fall." Rocky raises his arms in the air and cheers again.

"That's right!" He exclaims. "We're heading back on tour. As of right now it's uh, it's just a U.S. Tour. We're working out Europe and South America dates as we speak." Rocky explains.

"We're hoping to have those dates out before the end of the year, though, and start next year off in Europe." Ross adds.

"That is great news!" The interviewer exclaims. For the next ten or so minutes the three of them talk about the singles, whether or not a new album will be out before then (the answer is a hopefully), and then they get into some fan questions.

"How does it feel not having to go back to Canada for nine months?" The interviewer asks. "For those of you who don't know, Ross has been a part of a Netflix show called Chilling Adventures of Sabrina for the past, five years? They just wrapped up the series this past fall, right?" She asks. Ross nods.

"Yeah yeah, we wrapped early November. It's... it's bitter sweet. Usually around April or May is when we'd head up to uh, to Vancouver and we'd usually wrap around Christmas time. Last time it was shorter since we shortened it to two eight episode parts instead of ten episode parts. I... I really loved working on the show. The cast and crew were absolutely amazing and we all got super close, so it's definitely going to be weird not seeing them all the time. I mean, we'd hang out pretty much everyday off set since we all lived in the same apartment complex. But, although it is sad, I'm kinda relieved? I felt like The Driver Era was sorta on the back burner for awhile and we had to schedule things around my show, so that aspect of it was not my favorite. I'm excited to be home with my family and watch my nephew grow up and just... just be around family. It's pretty obvious family is a huge part of my life and being away from them sucked." He explains.

"Do you see yourself doing another show?" She asks.

"Um, not right now. Movies, I would love to do a couple of movies, but I really don't want to commit to something long term. Maybe if it was shot here in L.A. so I could be close to home then I'd consider it, but no. For now it's music and maybe a movie if the opportunity comes."