5

this is my last pre-written chapter! i just started summer quarter classes and they are already kicking my butt, so i want to say that i may not be putting as much time into this story, which sadly means there won't be as frequent updates :/ just wanted to give you a heads up on that :) hope you enjoy this chapter!!! <3

We're Not Friends | 5

Five Days Later
Thursday
May 26th, 2022

Ross:
Headin up now

Ross shoves his phone in his pocket as he waits for the elevator to reach the 17th floor. Himself and Laura are grabbing a bite to eat before he has to head to set for another night shoot. She has the day off, unlike the other characters because her character is attending a lecture all day (her shooting hours will be longer than everyone else's tomorrow). Since their heart to heart almost a week ago, their friendship has slowly shifted back into place. Their daily texts have definitely proven that. Ross pushes himself off the elevator wall as the doors open and make his way towards Laura's place. Before he can even knock on her door, a guy who looks oddly familiar steps out of the apartment next to hers. The guys eyes widen the slightest.

"Ah, shit. You're Ross Lynch!" Ross gives him a small smile. "My girlfriend is obsessed with your band and netflix show. The Driver Era, right?" Ross' smile grows. "I'm Chase, by the way." It clicks in his head now. This is one of Laura's costars, who also stared in the popular Netflix show Outer Banks.

"Yeah yeah, The Driver Era." Ross confirms, his head tilting slightly. "Outer Banks was the shit, my sister got me hooked on it awhile back." Chase's smile widens at his words. "Laura mentioned that you two are starring in a new show together." Chase furrows his eyebrows.

"How do you know Laura?" He asks. She hasn't talked about me to her new costars?

"Uh, we did a Disney Channel show together years ago. We're actually grabbing a bite to eat in a few, you can come if you want. We're just eating at this little cafe a couple blocks away." Chase sucks in a breath.

"I wish I could. I'm actually on my way to set." Ross nods his head understandingly. "But we are all having a movie night Saturday with lots of snacks. You should totally come to that." Before he can get an answer, Laura's door opens. She smiles at the two boys.

"I thought I heard voices out here." Chase glances at his phone.

"Shit, I really need to go. It was nice to meet you, man. Seriously think about that movie night." He ruffles Laura's hair before walking away. "I'll see ya later, shorty." Laura rolls her eyes after him.

"Bey, Chase!" She shouts after him. She smiles up at Ross. "Hey." He smiles down at her. "I need to grab my phone and my purse. Do you need anything to drink or use my bathroom?" She asks him, already walking back into her place. Ross takes a step inside.

"No, I'm good." She quickly scrambles to the living room to pick up her things. "Hey, uh, Chase seems like a cool dude."

"Yeah, he's the best. I'm definitely closest with him so far. Since our characters are sorta dating yet not really dating, we have a similar film schedule. Except today, he ditches the lecture early and leaves me by myself." Ross chuckles.

"Is your character a goody two shoes?" Ross teases.

"Not all the time." She mumbles. She makes her way back over to him. "Ready?" He nods his head, stepping back outside. Laura quickly locks her door and shoves her keys in her purse. They make their way to the elevator.