15

We're Not Friends | 15

Same Night
Sunday
July 17th, 2022

"What if we don't work out?" Laura asks, the side of her face pressed against Ross' chest. Ross rolls his eyes at her words, even stops playing with her hair and instead gives it a gentle tug.

"Not even two full hours into making things official and you're already doubting us." After kissing for a bit once things were made official, Laura decided she wanted a lazy night with a movie or two. Since she doesn't have a tv in her room they decided to cuddle up on the couch together. It took all of a few minutes for Laura to be laying fully on top of Ross' body, with Ross' fingers tangled in her hair. Laura frowns.

"Seriously, Ross. What are we gonna do?" He sighs.

"We're going to take things day by day, Laura. I can't predict the future." He tells her. She's silent for a moment. "Thinking about the negatives only entices negatives to happen. Positive thinking, Laura. Manifest it." Rocky's girlfriend, Alex, is really big on positive thoughts and positive energy, along with manifesting, so it sorta brushed off onto the boys. Ross is kind of a slacker when it comes down to it, but he's trying his best with the whole thing. Jaz was into it when they were together, but Alex is a whole new level of invested in this shit.

"What if we just don't... click as a couple?" Now Ross quietly groans.

"Laura." He had a hint of annoyance in his voice. She lifts her head and rests her chin on Ross' chest. With their laying down position, they can't really make eye contact, so Ross keeps his eyes on the tv, Laura stares at his jawline.

"Be serious, please. I need the reassurance right now." She whispers. Ross sighs and looks up at the ceiling.

"If we don't click, which I highly doubt will happen, then we go back to being friends." He tells her. "At least we'd give it a shot." She goes back to pressing her cheek against his chest. "But our shot has to actually be worth it. We need to try."

"I know, I plan to." Laura replies, referring to the trying part. Of course she's give their relationship there all. She values Ross too much to give him anything less than 100%. "It might be weird at first, though. Like, how am I supposed to act around you?" Ross goes back to playing with her hair, causing a small smile to appear on her lips.

"Act yourself, you dork." She gently taps his chest. "The only thing that'll really change is kissing and... well, flirting, I guess? We kinda already flirt to begin with, but actually being together creates a whole new playing field."

"Great, how much more dirty is your flirting gonna get?" Laura asks. Ross smirks.

"You just wait, my dear." He whispers. They're both silent for a little while as they watch the movie. It's some comedy Netflix just added a week ago that stars Mark Wahlberg in it. Honestly, Laura paying more attention to Ross' heartbeat than anything. It's soothing her overthinking and overcomplicating thoughts of their new relationship.

"Hey, can we keep this kinda private for awhile?" Laura suddenly asks.  "We can tell our families, obviously. I want our families to know, but I'm iffy on telling my cast mates and other friends for the sake of things not working out." She explains.

"Yeah yeah, of course we can keep it low-key." Ross says. "I wasn't planning on telling anybody besides my family. We can decide together when we're ready to expand the circle of people who know." Laura smiles.