22

We're Not Friends | 22

One Week Later
Saturday
August 27th, 2022

Ross smiles at Laura as she walks through Jaz's apartment door. They haven't seen each other since this morning (it's past dinner time now). They both focused on themselves today. Ross spent most of his time on FaceTime with Rocky talking over their schedule for next week when Ross goes home. Ross has been at Jaz's (with the rest of his young cast mates excluding one or two) for a little over an hour. Laura's been on social media for hours. Her newest single dropped yesterday so she was just posting photos and stories of the charts and recent phone interviews-turned magazine articles. She was doing a mini Q&A on Twitter, too. She jsut ended that before heading to Jaz's.

"Aye, there she is!" Lachlan shouts. Laura smiles at them. She plops down in between Ross and Kiernan.

"How long has everyone been here?" She asks.

"A couple of hours. Ross just got here not that long ago." Kiernan tells her. "We we're waiting to start a movie until you were here." Jaz's dog, Zora, trots over and greets Laura.

"Aw, hi!" Laura scratches behind her ears for a moment. "Did you get stuff done?" She then asks, looking at Ross. He shrugs.

"As much as you can over FaceTime." He admits. "We locked in that photo shoot and interview with Cosmopolitan next week. And Rocky finished up a demo that I need to record vocals for. I think it might be our next single?" He questions. Laura furrows her eyebrows.

"I thought your next single was already recorded?" She asks him. Zora begins to trot away, leaving Laura with a frown.

"Uh, yeah I don't know what's going on with that. Rocky likes this one more. I guess we'll mess around with them next week and see." He shrugs. Laura nods. "How's the chart climber doing?" Her cheeks turn pink. Her single has been climbing the charts all day. Right now she's in the top 20 for the U.S. and top 50 worldwide. She's actually in top 5 for the U.K., which is mind blowing to her.

"Good. Happy." She tells him. "Your mom FaceTimed me earlier. Actually, I was on a three-way FaceTime with both our moms." He jerks his head back. "They're excited for us coming home again. I think they're planning a huge dinner."

"Damn. My mom tired calling earlier, but I didn't answer." He shrugs. "I read some of your articles. You're hot shit, you know that?" He teases. In all honesty, he's never been one to read articles on people. Let alone watch interviews. But he actually enjoyed reading about her and what she has to say.

"Okay, you can stop talking now." She mumbles, her face hot. He grins. He loves watching her get nervous. She rarely does. He turns from her and looks at his cast mates.

"Hey, have all of you streamed Laura's new single yet? She released it yesterday." Laura slaps Ross' arm.

"Dude!" She exclaims, her face getting even hotter.

"Duh, I listened yesterday and sent it to my mom." Kiernan says, causing Ross to chuckle.

"Shit, I didn't know you released a song!" Gavin whips out his phone. "Jaz, is your speaker on? We can blast it real fast." Laura's eyes widen.

"Oh gosh, please don't do that. You can listen to it later when I'm not in the room." Laura's not embarrassed of the song she wrote (well, maybe a little. The song is about Ross and when she had the demo of it, she showed it to him. He loved it), she's just embarrassed of the hype up. Mostly Ross' hype up. "What movie are you guys thinking of watching?" She asks.