13

We're Not Friends | 13

A Couple Days Later
Friday
July 15th, 2022

Laura looks up from her laptop as she hears the door to her apartment opening. Ross peaks his head in, searching the place until his eyes land on her at the kitchen table. Laura's currently working on a song that she has high hopes to start a demo on tonight.

"Yes?" She questions. Ross shoots her a smile before fully walking into her apartment.

"We're all about to head out to the bar across the street." By we're all he means all of Laura's cast mates, his brothers, Gordy, Gavin, Sam, and Kiernan. Laura is supposed to be included in that list. "Are you coming?" He asks, noticing she's still in her comfy clothes. Laura glances back down at her laptop.

"Um..." She shakes her head. "No, I want to keep working on this song. Don't get too drunk, though. I'm don't want to wake up to a chatty Ross when you come to bed." He grins. Ross gets super chatty when he's drunk. He will 100% wake anybody up just to talk their ear off about the most randomest things. Lauras been warned and it has definitely happened since being in Vancouver.

"No promises chatty Ross won't make an appearance tonight." She playfully rolls her eyes at him. "You sure you don't want to come? You can always work on your music tomorrow."

"I thought I was coming with you to the bridge?" Tomorrow Ross, his brothers and Gordy were going to the bridge to film a song or two with the water in the background. They figured they'd make a day out of it and actually go swimming, pack some snacks, maybe grab an early dinner on the way back. Laura's been planning on going with them ever since they invited her two days ago.

"Ah, shit. That's right. And Sunday you have that photo shoot, don't you." Laura nods her head. He wants to tease her and push her buttons until she agrees to go out, but he knows that she's been struggling with finding that music and work balance. She doesn't have the luxury of being a duo and having a brother who can drop everything and fly out to him for days on end to work purely on music. "Do you want me to bring you anything back?" Laura raises her eyebrows.

"From a bar?" She questions. "No, I don't think that's allowed, Ross." She laughs softly. "I'm good. I've got a bottle of wine I'll be having for dinner."

"I hope you're planning on having real food with that?" He asks. She shrugs her shoulders. Do you want me to stay at my place tonight? I don't want to force you to go to bed if you have a groove going." Laura waves him off.

"You can stay here, Ross. If I have a groove going I will stay right here and keep working. You can sleep through that when you're drunk." She tells him.

"I most definitely can." He laughs. "I'll shoot you a text when we're on our way back." He adds. "And depending on just how late that is, I might go back to my place and hang with my brothers and Gordy before coming to bed."

"Okay, sounds good. Make sure to be quiet just in case I'm actually asleep, you hear me? You've been doing good these last few days." She points her finger at him.

"No promises. Like I said, chatty Ross may make an appearance." She playfully rolls her eyes.

"Whatever, Ross. Have fun." He smiles at her.

"I will. You make sure to work hard. I wanna hear a song soon." She waves him off. Ross shuts her apartment door with a sigh.