16

We're Not Friends | 16

A Couple Days Later
Wednesday
July 20th, 2022

"Oh my gosh, you are my favorite." Laura pinches Ross cheek as he leans over her to set a bag of takeout in front of her. He steals a kiss before standing up straight. "Are you heading back down?" She asks, noticing Ross isn't taking off his shoes or his jacket.

"Yeah, Rock wants to finish a few things up before calling it a night." He shrugs. Laura frowns. "Did you talk to production today about getting the fourth and fifth off?" Ross asks her.

"Yes I did." Laura smiles. "I'm good to go. They said they can work around it and I should enjoy some family time." Ross grins.

"So we're good to leave that Wednesday after filming? Maybe book a nine o'clock fight so we'll for sure make it to the airport in time."

"Okay, I can do that. Do we want to come home late Sunday night?" Ross nods his head. "Keep your phone volume up, okay? I'll text you times." He leans back down and kisses her lips.

"Yes, ma'am." He turns on his heal to head out the door. "Oh," He stops walking. "are you busy this Saturday?" She raises her eyebrows at him. "Ry called an ice rink and rented it out for Saturday afternoon. My whole cast is going, do you wanna come? You can invite your cast mates, too. We get it for three hours."

"That sounds fun." She says. "Pretty sure I'm heading over to Chase's in a bit to have a mini game night with the cast. I'll ask them if they want to come and I'll let you know what they say." Ross gives her a thumbs up.

"If you don't end up going to Chase's you can come down to my place and hang out. Gordy and Ry are gonna be bored while me and Rocky work on shit." Laura nods.

"If they're really bored they can come do game night with me and my cast." She says. Ross shrugs, one hand on the door handle.

"Text them and ask if you actually end up going over." She nods again. "Okay, I gotta go. I'll see you later." She sends him one last smile and watches as he walks out of her front door. He doesn't make it far, though. "One more..." He mumbles as he walks back in the door. She furrows her eyebrows for a moment. He takes the few steps to where she's sitting and leans down, kissing her lips. Laura smiles against his lips and brings a hand up to his face, gently stroking his cheek with her thumb. "Now I need to go." He whispers, pulling away. He pecks her lips once more. Her hand falls off his face as he stands up straight. She grabs his wrist.

"Noooo." She whines, pulling him back. "I want you." Even though there relationship is only three days old, they haven't spent enough time together. Sounds crazy considering they're a new couple, but they've been spending nonstop time together for two months now and the past two nights Ross has had to sneak into bed to not wake her up. They've spent a total of 15 minutes together each morning before one of them have to leave for set.

"I want you, too, dork." He laughs out. Laura has a really early call time tomorrow, meaning the two of them most likely won't get any time together again. Ross' phone dings. He knows it's a text from a Rocky asking where the fuck he is. "I really have to go." He tells her. She lets go of his wrist with a pout. "Don't give me the lip, missy." She pouts her lip out further. He turns away from her. "I'm leaving. Goodbye." She rolls her eyes at him and sighs once the door shuts.