Lies 29

Your POV

      I woke up, put on my uniform to get my daily chores started. While sweeping the halls I contemplated whether or not I should talk to Ciel. Whatever is going on with him we need to talk about it.

Ciel POV

      Sebastian walked into my office while holding hand-cuffed Luther. 

      "What's all this about?" I asked while looking at my newspaper. 

      "Last night I found Luther trying to sneak back into the house," Sebastian explained. I'm honestly not surprised. His shifty behavior in the carriage made me suspension of him from the beginning. 

      I looked up coldly and demanded, "Tell me exactly what you were doing. If you don't I will not hesitate to kill you right here and now. I would have already done so in the forest if Y/N wasn't against it. I think we both know I don't like you. I'm not exactly always patient."

      Luther sighed then pleaded, "Please, give me some time." 

      "Time for what? So you can kill us in our sleep?" I hissed. Suddenly, Y/N quietly opened the door. 

      "Hey I'm just here to clean the office," she said. Y/N looked over to Luther to see him in handcuffs. 

      "Ciel!? What are you doing!" Y/N yelled. 

      "Yes, I may not like Luther but I wouldn't but a person in handcuffs over something like that! I have a good reason...He was sneaking back into the manor from somewhere and we are trying to find out where. We let in a shifty stranger into the manor. I'm just taking precautions," I explained. Y/N looked over to Luther with a disappointed and sad expression. It made me a little mad that she thought I would do such a thing. To be fair I guess my behavior these last few days was maybe a little childish. 

      "I don't know if they're watching...I'm just...I'm doing this for my younger cousin," he stammered. 

      "Your...cousin?" I asked. 

      "My whole family was killed and I was kidnapped into some facility with some other kids. Eventually, I escaped and started living with my aunt who was that lady Y/N stole from, and my cousin. H-He threatened to hurt them. I'm not strong enough to protect them," Luther sobbed. 

      "Luther just tell us what we need to know so we can take down this guy. We will protect you and your family, I promise," Y/N assured. This man he is talking about must be that Henry guy. I nodded assuring Luther that I was on board. 

      Luther looked down for a moment in deep thought then answered, "I trust you. I just want to think things over a bit."

      "Fine, but Sebastian will be watching you 24/7 from now on," I said. He nodded in agreement then left the room with Sebastian. 

Your POV

      "Thank you, Ciel," I said. 

      "For what?" he asked. 

      "I don't know I guess trusting him," I explained. 

      "I do not trust him. I'm just bargaining with him in order to get the answers I need," Ciel responded. Sebastian came back into the room with Luther. 

      "What is it now," Ciel hissed. 

     "Lady Elizabeth is waiting for you at the front gates," Sebastian answered. 

      Ciel sighed then said, "Invite her in. It looks like it's about to rain. I'll be down in just a moment." Sebastian nodded then bowed as he exited the room with Luther. Once again he is going to Lady Elizabeth. I felt that painful sting in my heart once again. Ciel went down to the lobby. I followed far behind him to spy on their conversation. This definitely feels like an invasion of privacy but I tried convincing myself that maybe seeing them together will get it through my head that I needed to give up on Ciel. Ciel looked at Elizabeth with sad eyes.

     "Hello, Ciel! Oh...why are you sad?" Elizabeth said. 

     Ciel clenched his fists by his side then said "I-I Lizzy...I'm calling off the engagement".