Please Come Home part 43

I started to cry, what was I going to tell Archie, or Jug. I put my head in my hands and cried, then I read the whole paper. And as I read the whole paper I realized, it didn't say Betty Cooper, it said Polly Cooper.

B-"Polly?! Polly where are you?!"

I slammed her front door and ran over to her kitchen counter while she came running in from her room.

P-"What? What's wrong?"

B-"You're pregnant aren't you?!"

P-"What... h-how did you know?"

B-"This cleared it up"

I gave her the paper and she sat down slowly and had tears in her eyes.

P-"Betty I'm so sorry-"

B-"Don't! Don't give that sorry shit"

P-"Are you seriously upset right now? I think you forgot you broke up with him for Jug-"

B-"Really?! You really think that's why I broke up with him?! I broke up with him for Jay! I had to put my child first"

P-"Then why are you upset"

B-"Because he cheated on me with my sister! He is the third person in a row that has cheated on me! First the twins father, then Jug, then Archie! I'm just not good enough am I? Is that why they keep doing this? They keep picking you"

P-"Betty what are you talking about?"

B-"The twins father, he was my boyfriend, but he chose you, he got you pregnant, he went to jail for you, yet he cheated on me with you. I just don't know what to think anymore, I'm not good enough and everyone has proved it. So I'm done not being enough for anyone, I'm done being second choice. I deserve someone who wants me and who won't leave the second they find someone better"

I walked out, slamming the door behind me. I drove back to my apartment and sat in my bed then cried. Why can't I ever just be enough, why does everyone always leave. I brought my knees up to my chest and put my head down and cried. Until I felt arms wrap around me, I looked up and saw Jughead holding me in his arms.

B-"Jug?" (sniffles)

J-"Shhh"

He stroked my hair and kissed my head.

J-"Polly called me, she told me everything. She also told me that you would be pretty upset"

B-"I'm sorry" (whispers)

J-"Betts, you have nothing to be sorry for"

B-"I'm sorry for not being enough, I'm sorry about making such a big deal about Polly and Archie, I know I shouldn't be upset because it's been a while since we broke up and I wasn't really happy towards the end-"

J-"Baby, baby you're rambling"

B-"I'm sorry" (sobs)

J-"Betts, don't say sorry. You have nothing to be sorry for. It's ok to be upset, you just found out that your ex cheated on you with your sister. It's ok to be upset about that. But I don't want you to be upset and worry about that, because we have something more important to worry about"

He lifted up my shirt and rubbed my small baby bump softly.

B-"You... you knew?"

J-"I had a suspicion and I found your pregnancy test in the trash"

B-"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I was trying to find out who the father was before I told anyone"

J-"And?"

B-"You're that father Jug"

He smiled then leaned in and kissed me softly.

J-"Our rainbow baby" (smiles)

B-"Are you gonna leave me?"

J-"No baby, never, I'm right here"

He kept one hand on my belly and the other around me.

J-"Good night my love"

B-"Good night"