Please Come Home part 31

-3rd person-

Over the next couple of months Betty and Archie continued to spend lots of time together. They officially became friends with benefits, Archie said that he didn't want to start up a new relationship after Betty had just gotten out of a big one. Betty respected that but as the days went on, she wanted more but she knew that she needed time before committing to a new relationship.
Betty's arm had fully healed and she was back at work, she also continued to do therapy. It really helped her to deal with the loss of Addi.

Jughead on the other hand, he got kicked out of his house because he couldn't pay the bills. So now he's currently sleeping on his Dad's couch. He's downing 6 packs in his free time and hasn't seen his son in weeks. Finally, a couple of days ago he showed up at Betty's front door and plead to let her see his son, Betty being the nice person that she is, she agreed. She told him that he could pick Jay in a few days and take him for the day... now that day was here, Jellybean was really excited to see her nephew so she made an extra effort to clean the whole house. Now Jughead was on his way to the house to pick up his son, Fp lent him his truck and he now just pulled into the driveway and walked up to the door and knocked. When the door opened he was faced with his old best friend.

Ju-"Archie?"

He saw Betty run up behind him and then he stared at them both blankly.

Ju-"You two"

His eyes filled with anger and he exploded.

Ju-"You couldn't even wait a couple of months to move on couldn't you?!"

B-"Seriously Jughead! You didn't even wait til we were broken up to move on"

Ju-"Whatever. Jay let's go!"

B-"No. I thought you were ready to take your son but apparently not"

Ju-"Wait Betty-"

Before he could finish she slammed the door in his face and he stomped back to the truck then drove home.
When he got home he pushed open the door and threw the keys against the wall then opened the fridge and grabbed the beer, slamming the refrigerator door slut then sitting down on the couch and downing the beer. As he finished his beer the image of his ex and his ex best friend made him throw the beer against the wall, causing the glass to shatter.

Je-"Jug quiet down, I'm trying to sleep- wait where's Jay?"

Ju-"He's-a he's not coming, and I don't think we'll be seeing him for a while"

The tears welled in his eyes as his heart broke hearing the sentence he had just said.

Je-"What did you do?"

Ju-"I messed up, pretty bad"

Je-"Well maybe you can fix it"

Ju-"I don't think this is fixable Jelly"

Je-"Well if you tried-"

Ju-"I said it wouldn't work! What do you not understand?!"

Je-"I don't understand why you aren't even trying!"

Ju-"Maybe I don't wanna try! Have you even thought about that?!"

Fp-"What the hell is going on out here?!"

Je-"I'm trying to help him but he won't listen!"

Ju-"Well did you ever think that maybe I don't need help from a 13 year old?!"

She shook her head then ran into her room while Jug grabbed another beer, soon to be snatched by Fp.

Fp-"No. Your not having another one. You need to clean up your act if you ever want to see your son again"