Please Come Home part 42

-1 week later- 

Even though Jug and I didn't do the 'half his house half mine' with Jay anymore, because Jug practically lived here and we were all always together. But the last few days Jug told me he would take Jay for a couple of days so I could have some time to myself. I loved him for it, although I missed Jay a little bit it was nice to have some me time, and I was enjoying it until I saw it in the mail. The paper that determined my unborn child's father.
And that's where I sat right now, the unopened envelope sitting in front of me. I had been sitting and staring at it for longer then I could imagine, I tried to open it every couple of minutes but I would chicken out and throw it back down. I didn't know why I couldn't do it, I just couldn't open it, it was so hard to do for some reason.
Maybe I'm just hungry
I thought to myself before getting up and making myself some of Jay's chicken nuggets. God I loved those things.
Finally, I finished them and sat down sticking out my shaky hand and beginning to grab the envelope before my phone rang. I looked at the contract and of course it had to be Archie. I groaned then slid my finger over to answer it.

B-"Hello"

A-"Hey"

There was a dead silence and I rolled my eyes before a mood swing kicked in.

B-"What do you want Archie?"

A-"Geez what's with the attitude"

B-"Sorry, just... having a few difficulties right now"

A-"Oh. Well I was just calling to see if I could come over and get a few things I left there"

B-"Uh, sure"

A-"Thanks, I'll be over in a few minutes"

B-"Okay"

I got off the phone and looked around the house, it wasn't even that messy but some of Jay's toys were scattered around the house, so I decided to clean. I put in my earphone and took out the vacuum, putting my music on full blast. That's probably why I didn't even notice Archie come in the door until he unplugged the vacuum.

B-"Oh hey, sorry was just cleaning up a bit"

A-"Why? Your apartment is already so clean"

B-"Just a few of Jay's toys were scattered"

A-"Oh ok. Well do you mind if I go get my things? I just left a few things in the bathroom"

B-"Go ahead"

He went in for a few minutes while I continued to pick up a few things. Then he came back out with a few things in his hands.

B-"Do you want a bag?"

A-"No I'm good, I can carry it"

B-"No really it's no problem let me just go grab you one"

I walked past him but accidentally bumped into him and he dropped everything. I went down to help pick the things up... and I saw a red velvet box, opened, with a diamond ring inside of it. My eyes grew wide at the sight of the shiny and honestly beautiful ring.

B-"Y-You... you had this in my bathroom?"

He snatched the ring from my hand and stuffed it into his pocket.

A-"I think you and I both know why it was in there"

He looked down and didn't meet my stare. Yet when he looked up, we couldn't look away. He stepped closer to me, if he had stepped any closer he would have been stopped by my baby bump.

B-"I didn't know-"

A-"That I was gonna propose? That's kinda the point, it's supposed to be a surprise"

B-"I know, I guess I just thought-"

A-"That I wouldn't have proposed so early in the relationship?"

B-"Well... you know, our relationship wasn't the absolute best... it was kind of toxic towards the end"

A-"Well I'm sorry for treating you that way, I really am. But I need this ring"

B-"Oh sorry"

He thanked me before leaving my apartment with a slam of the door. I sighed then sat back down with the envelope sitting in front of me.
I needed to stop being a baby and just open it, I have to do it, for my unborn child. I opened it and kept it face down on the table. I took a deep breath and rubbed my baby bump under my shirt before opening the paper and scanning the paper until I found it...

The biological father of your baby is Archibald Andrews.