Please Come Home part 29

B-"Jug what are you doing here?"

J-"I'm still you emergency contact"

B-"I'm surprised you even answered"

I snickered.  He got up then sat at the edge of the hospital bed. He looked up at me while I looked away, I couldn't even face him, I didn't want to.

J-"Listen Betts, I was thinking that maybe... maybe we could give this another shot?"

I burst out laughing and moved his hand off of my thigh while he looked at me confused.

B-"You are such a fucking prick!"

J-"Excuse me?! I'm the prick?! I'm not the one who was probably drunk at 9 am and got into a car accident, leaving out son alone with who?!"

I stared at him with pure hatred in my eyes, he hadn't changed and never will.

B-"Get out"

J-"What"

B-"Get the hell out"

He was going to argue but he knew I wasn't having it so he grabbed his coat then stormed out of my room, he still hadn't changed, and I was happy with my decision to leave him, our relationship was toxic and now I can live happily with my son.

-A couple of days later-

J-"Mama can I snuggle with you?"

B-"Sure baby"

He climbed up with his stuffed animal and slid under my free arm. My other arm had been broken in the accident and it was in a cast.
Jay had been my own personal doctor with the new doctor kit Auntie V bought him. Veronica and the girls had come to visit me in the hospital and we talked about a few things, they said they were sorry for my loss but were hyping me up for leaving Jug. They really were the best friends anyone could ask for.
I also told Sophie I would be back to work in a couple of weeks about my arms had healed so I was pretty excited to be going back to work but sad I would be leaving Jay. We had always had a very strong and tight relationship, we were never apart because I worked from home so I don't know how he is going to react. But I am doing it for us, so I can get my own apartment and give Jay the happy life he has always deserved.

A-"Knock knock"

The door opened to appear Archie, he had 2 small bags with him and as he walked in a small smile appeared on my face.

J-"Archie!"

Jay jumped off the bed and ran over to him then gave him a hug.

A-"Hi bud. I got something for you"

Jayden's face lit up as Archie pulled a red firetruck out of one of the bags.

J-"Firetruck! Look Mama it's a firetruck!"

He held the truck up proudly, a huge smile across his face.

J-"Thank you Archie!"

He jumped into his arms, leaving Archie stunned for a second, but he hugged back. It was sweet to see them bonding, I was happy that they got along.

A-"Hey how about you go into your room and play for a little bit then I'll come in and play with them with you"

J-"Okay!"

He ran off down the hall to his room and Archie shut the door then came over to me and handed me the other bag.

B-"What's this?"

A-"You really thought I wouldn't get you anything"

I chuckled then took out the pink tissue paper and set it to the side. I reached in and grabbed out a perfume bottle, I smiled as I pulled it out, then I realized...