Please Come Home part 16

-1 week later-

I have been stressed out this past week ever since I got that call about our rent, I couldn't believe Jug wasn't giving the rent to her. What had he been doing with it? Why didn't he tell me?
I decided not to ask him about it because that is his business and I just hope that he isn't spending it on drugs and alcohol.

I started my job at Pop's a few days ago and it's such a tiring day, I wake up and get Jay ready then drop him off at my mom's then go and help Sofie write the newspaper then I have late night shifts at Pop's.
Kevin was the one watching him the other day and I forgot to pick up Jay so he dropped him off to me.

-Flashback-

It was almost 10 at night and I had just gotten home from my shift at Pop's. As soon as I walked in the door I felt like I couldn't stand anymore. My legs gave out and I had to use the couch to stand up, I slowly walked over to the couch then sat down and didn't even have a chance to take off my shoes before I fell asleep.

K-"Betty, Betty wake up"

Kevin was shaking me awake and I opened my eyes so he would know I was awake.

B-"What Kevin"

K-"You forgot to pick Jay up-"

B-"What! Where is he!?"

I shot up and tried to get up but I couldn't bring myself to stand.

K-"Betty calm down, I just put him to bed. Now you need to go to bed"

B-"No, I have to wait for Jug to get home"

K-"Betty come on your exhausted, you need to go to bed"

B-"Fine"

He helped me up and walked me to my room then put my hair up in a bun and took off my shoes then laid me down in my bed. He opened my window because he could tell I was sweating then put a light blanket over me.

B-"Thank you Kev"

K-"No problem, now go to sleep i'll see you later"

By now I was already fast asleep and Kevin had left.

-End of flashback-

Today I told Sofie that I will be working from home because I wanted to spend the day with Jayden before I had to go to work at Pop's tonight.

I woke up earlier today and made breakfast for everyone, Jug and Jayden were both still asleep so I had some time to make breakfast and set the table. I made Jug's favorite breakfast and even went out and bought donuts from the bakery down the street. I had the table all set when Jayden walked out rubbing his eyes. When he saw Jug on the couch he walked over and snuggled up into his chest. I smiled in awe and snapped a quick picture before they both stirred awake.

B-"Morning sleepy heads"

I chuckled, Jug stood up and set Jayden down back down on the couch. Jug walked over and grabbed a beer out of the fridge, I sighed and walked over to the table perfectly set and food on every plate.

B-"I made breakfast, I even went down to the bakery and got those donuts that you like"

Ju-"Thanks, but I have to go to work early today so I don't have time"

B-"B-But I made your favorite"

Ju-"Well just put it in a plastic bag i'll have it at the office"

B-"I was thinking that maybe we could eat as a family-"

Ju-"Is it just impossible to please you! I have to go to work! I can't spend the morning eating like a sweet and happy little family!"

I flinched a little bit at how he raised his voice at me. I felt as if I was about to cry, I could feel the tears about to burst but I held them back.

B-"Y-Yeah, i'm sorry. Here"

I handed him his plate and he took it then walked out the door. Jayden came walking over to me and gave me a hug.

B-"Are you hungry baby?"

He nodded and then sat down on the other side of the table.

After we ate our breakfast we both sat on the couch and watched paw patrol while Jay talked to my belly.

J-"I wove you sissy"

He gave my belly a kiss then rubbed it.

J-"And I can't wait to play with you, we're gonna play with trucks and watch paw patrol"

I chuckled as he gave my belly another kiss then ran his monster truck across my baby bump.