XXXVI.

LISA

"Good job today as always, Lisa. You seem more focused than I've ever seen you before", our trusted photographer Sunjae oppa personally praised me after the shoot.

I immediately shook my head in denial, "noo~ your compliments and guidance from behind the cam made it easier for me to cruise through the shoot, oppa. You're the best!"

I just finished my photoshoot for another magazine to be released on my debut month. It took quite some time and was honestly stressful, considering how I'm not currently in my best condition holistically. The thing is, in difficult times, I have this tendency to burn myself out with work. That way barely anyone will know that I am going through shit.

Sunjae oppa laughed, flustered by my counter attack, shaking his head "always the humble one. All the best for your solo, Lisa! I just know it'll be a hit."

"Aww~ thank you oppa! Thank you for your hardwork today" We shared grateful smiles before we parted ways, him to the rest of the crew and me to the dressing room to change.

We were in a light conversation with my stylist while on our way out of the shooting area when I saw a familiar man beside my temporary manager for today. Sangwon oppa was tasked to do something else today so someone had to take his place to accompany me throughout my schedules for the day.

As soon as we approached them, my manager walked towards me, "Miss Lisa, you finished earlier than expected... um this guy Mr. Kim said he just had something important to say to you. He wasn't on your schedule but he insisted that it won't take long."

ugh he's here again and damn as fck this is my individual schedule, why is he here!

My manager must've noticed my uneasiness because he added, "um with your permission, I can tell him off if you're uncomfortable"

I released a hopeless sigh. I honestly don't want to talk to him but that would just drag and delay the problem. Better know his intentions now, reject it and get it over with.

"No, it's okay. I'll talk to him. How many minutes do I have?"

"He agreed with 10 minutes."

I nodded and made my way to Mr. Kim, plastering a decent smile on my face. I bowed and greeted him with all the appropriate formalities.

"Hello Miss Lisa. I apologize for coming here without informing ahead of time." he said, obviously expecting me to let it go and say it is rather an honor for me to be graced by his oh-so wealthy presence. ** cue gags, rolls eyes and punches his face ugh if only I could

I just gave him a smile while shaking my head, "um is there anything.. "

"Ah yes. I heard from my old friend, one of your company heads, that you were preparing for your solo debut and that you were having a difficulty looking for avenues to promote it" I reluctantly nodded, somehow already knowing where this is going.