VI.

JUNGKOOK

"Yes hyung, I'll keep that in mind. Don't worry."

"Alright. Have fun!" he waited for me to respond a bit before he ended the call. I made sure the call ended before I started to choose a playlist to keep me company while I drive.

Namjoon hyung has been checking up on me quite often recently since we were currently on a short break before our comeback this November. He knew that I would go out at some point so he has been trying to keep me in check, especially after that issue with the 97 liners.

He never told me off about it, none of my hyungs did. They just reminded me more often, since then, to control myself a bit more when I'm out in the open or to be more careful with my hookups.

They knew I gave up on having serious relationships after the last one I had. She was an idol whom I met through Taehyung hyung. She was older than me by 2 years but I was her senior in the industry. I honestly didn't know how to treat her but she was persistent and made me feel some kind of way with how she boldly showed her interest in me. I was still quite hesitant because I've heard of the risks of dating someone in the industry and all that.. but I eventually warmed up to her.

We were in a stable relationship for about 8 months when things started going downhill. Both of us weren't able to meet as often because it was also around that time when we were just entering the US market so I was often out of the country. I tried to compensate for it when we get a chance to meet but it would almost always just end up with us fighting. She didn't understand my work.

It hit rock bottom when a hyung that I knew for a long time sent me a video along with a message, 'you deserve better'.

It was a sex video of my girl with another guy (hyung  told me it was one of his pals). Her face was clearly seen in the video so I was sure it was her.

I don't even remember how I really felt that time. I just swore to myself that I shall never be treated like this ever again.

I sent her the video and messaged her for the last time, "I'm not sure if you knew that you were being filmed but I hope you could keep however small you have left of your dignity. Please don't contact me again."

Since then, I've been trying to steer clear from demanding relationships. If I had to do something about my needs, hookers were readily available. At least I'm sure they won't catch any feelings for me and even better that they are not allowed to disclose any information about me so it's safe. I've also been enjoying my freedom until now so I think I could keep up with this for the next few years.

I noticed that the music suddenly stopped playing and a ringtone echoed in the car. It was from Jaehyun.

"Where are you dude?", he asked in a quite annoyed tone.

I just chuckled and told him to calm down because I was really close to XxX already.
In fact, as soon as I finished saying that, I was already at the underground parking lot where I see an impatient Jaehyun with his hand on his hips.

"I'm here. Quit sulking already", I teased him, lowkey finding him hilarious. I ended the call and focused on parking the car.