John B- "Your new boyfriend's an asshole"

Description: You get a new boyfriend and the pogues don't like him especially John B.
Warning: Swearing, could be a spoiler for season 2 but not much. (I'm only on episode 7)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"I have something to tell you guys" I shifted in the hammock, John B opposite me, Kie and Sarah in the other one while JJ and Pope sat in the tree staring down at all of us.
"What is it?" John B looked at me with concern. It should be something to tell them, I wasn't even this nervous when I told my parents. I looked start at John B pushing the feeling I felt down, I had a boyfriend I shouldn't still have feelings for him, that's what I wanted to tell them, that I had a boyfriend and I wanted them to meet him. "y/n I'm getting really concerned now, please can you just spit it out"
"yeah come on y/n" JJ piped in from where he was sitting.
"I have a boyfriend" I finally got out turning to look at Sarah and Kie, I didn't want to see John B's reaction.
"Wait what?" JJ spoke first everyone turning to look at him.
"Is it that unbelievable" I turned to look at JJ.
"No it's just that you are always with us, how did you manage that" I didn't respond I just flipped the blonde off.
"Shut it JJ. So what's his name?" Kie was the only one to ask about him.
"James"
"what's the last name" Pope finally spoke.
"Layford"
"James Layford, seriously" JJ jumped down from the branch he was sitting on walking over to me and John B. "I mean come on, he's an asshole, right JB" I turned to look at John B as JJ spoke, a far off look on his face. "JB" JJ shoved John B's shoulder. John B turned to look at JJ then at me.
"JJ's right, he's an asshole." I let out a huff shaking my head.
"You haven't even met him" I argued crossing my arms, I turned to look at Kie. "Kie you agree they shouldn't judge him before meeting him"
"I'd love to take your side but they're right y/n, he is an asshole" Kie raised her shoulders as she spoke. I can't believe them, especially Kie. She was the one that told me to get over John B, that it most likely wasn't going to happen.
"Whatever" I pushed myself out of the hammock leaving John B alone in it, the hammock now slightly swaying.
"Oh come on y/n" JJ called as I walked away from the group.
"Just let her go" John B said quietly.

John B's POV:
I couldn't believe she was dating someone let alone James fucking Layford, everyone knows he's an asshole, he also hangs around with Barry. For fucks sake. I walked into the house and over to the fridge grabbing a beer.
"You okay?" JJ walked in making his way towards me.
"Yeah I'm fine" I shrugged taking a drink, JJ made his way to the fridge grabbing a beer for himself.
"You sure?" He carried on leaning against the counter watching me.
"Look I just think y/n can do better" I spoke holding my drink in my hand.
"Like you?" My gaze snapped to JJ who just stood there with a smirk. "Oh come on man, it was so obvious. The look on your face when y/n said she was dating someone" JJ took a drink the smirk still on his face. I don't know why I was surprised that JJ had caught on to my secret crush on y/n, he was my friend, my brother, he knew me better than anyone. I should have just told him when I started to have feelings for y/n instead of keeping it to myself and hoping they would just go away. "Dude why didn't you tell me"
"I didn't want to make things weird between us all" I took another drink as JJ shook his head.
"It wouldn't have" JJ tried to reassure me. "You should have just asked her out" I just nodded my head as he spoke. "No we've got to deal with that asshole James Layford" I took another drink as JJ mentioned his name. How could I let James Layford asking y/n out before me.

Y/n's POV:
I knew they were right but James asked me out, and Kie had just told me it was best to get over John B and not take it any further as she had done with Pope. Then there was that stupid no pogue on pogue rule. I sat opposite James as he spoke about something I didn't care about, probably about himself as always. I forced a smile as I pretended to listen. This was meant to be a date but we were just sat in the wreck, don't get me wrong the wreck is a good place but we constantly go here and he constantly stares at the waitress that's on that day.
"Y/n" James said loudly grabbing my attention and those around us.
"What" I forced a small smile.
"We're you even listening to me" I just nodded my head, James carried on rambling. Again I tuned him staring out at the water, a few seconds passed and the dock door entrance opened revealing Kie, JJ, Pope and John B all laughing as they entered. Before I made eye contact with either I turned to look at James forcing myself to look happy but still watching the pogues from the side. I swear pretending to listen to him is so exhausting. Why did I even agree to be his girlfriend, what was I thinking. I found myself staring down at the table wishing that I was here with the pogues, with John B.
"I swear y/n" James clicked his fingers in front of my face pulling me from my thoughts. The boy shook his head as I brought my eyes to meet his. "It's like talking to a brick wall, nothing going on in that head of yours, I would say your pretty face makes up for that but I'd be lying". I let out a scoff taken aback by what my so-called boyfriend had just said.
"What the fuck did you just say" A voice responded before I could. I turned to see both John B and JJ making their way towards us, a pissed off look on John B's face as he stared down at James.
"This doesn't include you Routledge" James looked up at John B. "This is between me and my girlfriend" John B's jaw clenched as James spoke.
"Yeah well she's my friend and you don't get to speak to her like that" John B took a step forward JJ lingering just behind.
"Well you more than anyone should know what I said is true" James laughed looking from John B to me then back. What a fucking asshole.
"No, maybe if you spent more time getting to know her and not just talking about yourself or checking out the waitress then you'll see how fucking amazing she is. She is smart, kind, loyal and not to mention how gorgeous she is" A smile spread on my face as he spoke, but I couldn't also help but feel sad, he probably only meant this as a friend.
"You know what John B she's not worth it" James scoffed standing up giving me one last look before turning and making his way out of the wreck.
"Your new boyfriend's an asshole" JJ finally spoke up.
"I don't think he's my boyfriend anymore" I turned to look back at JJ.
"Don't let what he said get to you" John B sat in the chair where James currently was.
"It isn't. Honestly he's lucky you guys showed up, I was planning to throw my drink over him. To be honest  I should have done it when he checked out the waitress for the fifth time" I slumped into the chair.
"Damn JB we should have waited a few more seconds" JJ pulled a chair to the table we were at. John B just laughed at JJ's comment. Silence fell over the three of us. "So y/n I'm guessing your single now" I turned to look at JJ squinting shaking my head. "No not for me" JJ held his hands up before looking to John B. I followed JJ's gaze to John B who was slightly shaking his head. "Anyway, I'm going to join the others" JJ stood up turning the chair back to face the correct table.
"What was that about" I let out a laugh as JJ joined the table with the others. I turned to look back at John B who was now scratching the back of his neck. "What is it John B"  I playful kicked his leg to get him to look at me.
"It was nothing" John B was obviously lying.
"John B I have known you for years I know when you are lying to me" I smiled crossing my eyes, a small blush crossing the boy's cheeks. "Come on John B spit it out" The boy took a deep breath before speaking.
"I...I like you, I have for a while but I was too scared to say anything" I broke my gaze from John B looking down at the table. I can't believe this, what the fuck, this... "Shit, I shouldn't have said anything" John B started to ramble.
"No, no, John B, it's just that, I didn't think you'd like me back" I returned my gaze to meet John B's with a smile.
"So you like me" A smile quickly forming on John B's face, I rolled my eyes.
"Of course I do, I mean what other reason would I hang around with you" I joked.
"Damn I thought it was for my cool boat" I let out a laugh.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I hope you guys liked it. I started this then had to go somewhere came back to finish it, half way through I get a notification that Wilbur's doing a lore stream, fate I think so. Also Tubbo lore stream straight after.
Sorry if there are mistakes but can we talk about two updates in one day.
x