Rafe- "You deserve better then friends who leave you" (Part 3)

Description: You are the sister to Kie, you always feel second to her. You always thought the Pogues were your friends it doesn't seem that way.
Warnings: Swearing, drinking
A/N: Rafe didn't shoot Peterkin. Still wants to make his dad happy, so has lied and covered up. Still Rafe but no murder.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Three months had passed since I had spoken properly with my sister

Three months had passed since I had spoken properly with my sister. I only spoke to her when I had to. Pope and John B had apologised, JJ was half-assed as he was with pretty much everything. The only one I had messaged was John B, I even introduced him to Sarah, how that took a turn. Over the summer everything seemed to take a turn, the pogues started doing more dangerous stuff getting Kiara into more trouble with our parents. There was even more tension between the Pogues and Rafe, I had questioned Rafe about it numerous times but he said it was better if I stayed out of it. Unlike the Pogues he still made time for me, still asked me to hang out. Not soon after did John B and Sarah disappeared after John B was accused of Sherriff Peterkin's death, both were presumed dead. The rumours started about the pair being back. They were soon confirmed with John B being arrested which leads us to the present day.

I walked into the house Rafe behind me, the pair of us coming back from John B's court hearing. I couldn't believe what the judge had said, they was no way they'd sentence a seventeen-year-old to death. I turned to look at Rafe who hadn't said a word, he stood looking down at the floor.
"You're being quiet" I started to take my shoes off placing them neatly to the side, Rafe looking up at me.
"Just thinking about everything" I looked the boy up and down, he seemed to be concerned.
"I didn't think you liked John B that much" I joked walking closer to the boy taking his hands into mine.
"I don't" He shook his head, my brows furrowing waiting for him to continue. " You do though, and I care about you" I smiled wrapping my arms around the boy's neck, I quickly kissed the boy before stepping back.
"I should find my mom, tell her I saw Kiara. That she's alright." We hadn't seen or heard from Kiara for days. My parent's had spent the last day searching the beach for her body. They had asked the hospital if they had seen her. They asked neighbours, Kiara's peers. I told them that she would turn up, I just got scolded for not being concerned. Why should I be concerned about someone that was never concerned about me? I walked through the house towards the kitchen.

"Kiara!" I heard my mom's voice call, I slowly made my way towards her. Hope was etched on her face. It slowly faded when she saw me.
"Nope just me" I walked out onto the porch Rafe following me. My mom picked up another top folding it. "Don't worry though she was at John B's hearing" I leant against the railing, my mom looked at Rafe and I . "Yeah she made a huge scene" I could see some of the anxiety fade from her face. "Don't worry she'll turn up, she always does" I leant against Rafe's arm. Almost as if I spoke it into existent the sound of the front door opening and closing was heard.
"Kiara!" My mom called out looking down the hall. It could only be her. The girl slowly sulked her way into our view. "Oh thank god. Oh my God" My mom sighed placing the clothing item she was folding down. "Where have you been? We were up all night long. I was at a hospital" My mom placed her hands on her hips, Kiara walking closer to us.
"Well, the truck broke down, and then my phone died and we didn't have a plug..." Kiara started listing off her excuses. My mom let out a laugh. This wasn't going to be good. Kiara looked from my mom then to me then to Rafe, a look of disgust when her eyes landed on her.
"Well, of course, that makes complete sense" My mom started to sit down. "The plug? Of course. The plug" Again my mom laughed. Silence fell for a few seconds. I looked up at Rafe, I could tell that we both wanted to get out of here.
"John B's back" Kiara said looking at our mom.
"Yeah, I heard that. I heard that on the news." Our mom nodded looking up at Kiara. "I heard he's arrested for murder"
"Yeah, but he didn't... He didn't do it, okay?" All the Pogues had claimed that John B was innocent, that he didn't do it. I wanted to believe it but who shot Peterkin. The only other person was Ward, Rafe had said that it wasn't him, it wasn't his dad. I just didn't know what to believe. "Somebody's framing him" Kiara's eye's quickly glanced at Rafe then back to our mom. "And he's gonna need money for a good lawyer" my mom scoffed shaking her head.
"I can't do this with you" My mom looked down.
"Mom, this is really important"
"You didn't even call me" She turned to look back at Kiara, the hurt evident.
"John B's been arrested for murder. I mean do you understand that? It's not all about you" Kiara tilted her head to the side.
"Kiara" The girl turned to look at me as I shook my head. I couldn't believe she'd say that. I went to speak again but our mom held her hand up signalling for me to not. I watched as she stood up making her way over to the railing and leaning against it look at my sister. Rafe shifted next to me, probably feeling awkward getting caught up in the family drama.
"That's exactly what I was thinking at four in the morning when I was on the beach looking to see if your body had washed up with the tide. I was definitely thinking it was all about me." My mom nodded as she spoke. "Jesus, honey, you treat me like shit" Her voice broke as she spoke.
"You treat me like shit" Kiara retorted staring at my mom. "You don't even trust me"
"Why should I trust you? All you do is lie!" Our mom scolded.
"When have I lied to you!" fumed Kiara.
"Kiara, Stop it! Everything you're doing is for these boys." My dad had now appeared carrying two bags of shopping stopping and quickly placing the bags down. He quickly joined our mom's side.
"It's about the boys" Kiara scoffed.
"It is always about the boys. You're putting these boys above everything else." "Boys, boys, boys" The pair started to speak over one another, my dad shared a glance looking over at me and Rafe.
"God, you are so worried that I'm gonna sleep with a Pogue like you did!" Kiara yelled, my mom, taking a slight step back. "Well, guess what? I already did." Kiara shrugged. I wasn't that surprised, I'm not saying that she sleeps around, even if she did it's her life she can do as she pleases, but I had just heard whispers about her and Pope being together.
"Let me handle this" My dad finally spoke breaking the awkward tension. Every time Rafe seems to come to my house there's always a fight with Kiara.
"No, no, no, no, no! No! I'm done." My mom pushed my dad away from her. "I don't think you have any idea how hard we have worked to try and give you opportunities other kids do not have!" My mom picked up an item of clothing holding it tight in her hand.
"How many times do I have to tell you guys that I don't care about those things?" Kiara started before turning to look at me. "I'm not y/n..." I squinted looking the girl up and down. I don't understand why she brought me into this.
"Yes, and you should!" My mom didn't mention my name or acknowledge Kiara's remark.
"Well, I'm sorry I don't!" She yelled in response. "Look I'm a Pogue! I won't and can't be a Kook, I can't turn my back on my friends, I'm not y/n" Again with the snide added comment. I took a deep breath, Rafe slipping his hand into mine and squeezing it. "I will always be a Pogue! This is why I hate coming back here!"
"You hate coming back here?" My dad challenged nodding his head.
"Baby, you wanna live like a Pogue?" My mom took a small step forward. She picked up the washing basket and made her way past Rafe and I. I watched as she tipped the contents of the basket out onto the grass before turning to look back at my sister. "Go live like a freaking Pogue" She pointed as she spoke. "Get your butt out of my house!" I watched as Kiara's face broke, even after everything I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, she was my sister. I could see the tears building in her eyes but she was trying so hard not to break, to put on her strong face. She turned to look at my dad, he wasn't going to go against our mom. One thing I admired was how much of a team they were. Kiara then turned to look at me, I couldn't stop this. I looked down at the wooded floor. "Nobody's stopping you!" I finally looked up as Kiara passed by quickly making her way down the steps. She grabbed the clothes stuffing some in her backpack before setting off.