JJ - "He wasn't just some guy"

WARNING: This will have spoilers for season two so if you haven't watched or finished watching season two of Outer Banks I would suggest skipping this one and then coming back once you have ever watched or finished it. Don't come at me for spoiling it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Description: You were dating JJ when he mysteriously disappeared with his friends leaving you confused and hurt. You having no idea about anything that was going on.
Warnings:

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Four months since I last saw JJ, I last talked to my boyfriend. Four months of students whispering about what might have happened to my boyfriends and his friends. Snide remarks from my peers, aka kooks, about how he was probably on the run with his father, that it was better that he and the others had just disappeared. For the first few remarks I was able to keep my mouth shut but I eventually caved and landed myself in the principles office. After a lecture from the principal, I got a lecture from my parents about how I should just let them go, that they weren't coming back and how I shouldn't have spent all my time with Pogues.  They lectured me about how I should have spent my time making friends with the kooks, how I should have found myself a kook boyfriend. From the moment they learned about JJ's disappearance they seemed relieved like JJ was going to ruin my life when in all honesty he made it better. I stared out the classroom letting my thoughts wander to when I first met JJ.

I let out a breath as I held onto the railing. Another Kook party I was forced to attend by my parents, they were obsessed with trying to make friends with everyone, to make connections. This meant I was forced to be nice to their kook kids which was hard, especially with the likes of Rafe Cameron and his friend Topper and Kelce. I just had to smile as they made horrible comments about multiple people. After Rafe's final comment I had decided to leave before I slapped him. I took another deep breath look ahead at the water, a wooden dock with a small boat docked.
"You okay?" A voice broke me out of my trance, I turned to see a blonde boy in a waiters uniform staring at me.
"Can I ask you a favour?" I turned to fully face the blonde who seemed interested in what I was about to say, a quick nod of the head. "Can you poison Rafe Camerons water" A small smile broke out on the blonde's face.
"Sadly I don't think I can, I've just finished" I just nodded as the boy carried on speaking. "You're new here right?"
"Yeah, moved here about three months ago. I think I'm learning everyone is only out for themselves, everything is a business deal, even friendships" I leant back against the railing as I spoke.
"I think you're just hanging around the wrong people" The boy responded shifting the bag that was on his shoulders.
"Oh yeah, who should I be hanging out with then?" I responded, the boys gaze left me to look over my shoulder and towards the dock where the small boat was.
"Names JJ" The boy held his hand out to me. I took his hand in my own.
"Y/n" I shook the JJ's hand before letting go, both our hands falling back into their original places.
"Well, y/n want to meet some people that don't treat friendships like businesses opportunities" JJ tilted his head to the side waiting for my response.
"Lead the way" JJ smiled. That was the start of my relationship with JJ, and my many disappointments to my parents.