JJ/Kie- "We met evil when we were only children"

Description: Your get nightmares about yours and JJ's childhood.
Warnings: TW: childhood abuse, swearing, trauma,
•••••••••••••••••••••
"Luke, that isn't even true!" I heard my mom's voice come through the bedroom door. The sound of terror was evident in her voice. My face pressed against the white wooden door. I didn't need to try to hear them. It would have been more effort to ignore them. "It's all in your head! I was being friendly!" My mom screamed.
"No, you weren't. You were being a whore!" My father screamed back. This wasn't unusual. At first, it was once a month, then once a week, and now it was an almost daily occurrence. My brother and I would finish school and come back home, have a few hours before my dad would stumble in with a strong smell that I could never identify. "Is he better than me?" Some of the words came out slightly slurred.
"As I said before, it's all in your head!" Silence fell over the house. It only lasted a few seconds before the sound of glass echoed throughout the house. I swallowed the tiny bit of fear I had and pulled open the white bedroom door and made my way down towards the noise. I couldn't understand the sight in front of me. There lay my mom surrounded by glass, her cheek red, my father towered over her, his hand raised. It was almost in slow-mo as he started to lower his hand.
"Stop!" It was the only thing I could think to say or do. "Stop, you shouldn't do that," my naïve self said, taking a tiny step forward. He might not know it was wrong. He might never have been taught it was wrong. How naïve.
"What did you say?" My father's eyes now left my mom and were focused on me, his hand by his side.
"You shouldn't do that!" I looked at my mom. Tears filled her eyes, but she was holding them back. "It's wrong to hit people. " My voice was tiny compared to his.
"And who do you think you are telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing!" My father took three big steps toward me. Like my mom, he towered over me. "I'm your father. You should know better than to talk to me like that," His voice bellowed. I could feel myself shrinking inwards. "I'm gonna teach you..." my father raised his hand as he did to my mother.
"Luke, no!" My mom dragged herself over to us, pushing me back. "Not your child. " Her voice cracked, but she kept it together. My father looked from my mom to me and then back before laughing and taking a step back. My mom turned to face me, pushing the hair from my face and then looking behind me. "JJ take y/n" I turned to see JJ hiding by the door, his blonde hair covering the bruise he got the other day from my father. JJ slowly made his way closer, putting his hand around my shoulders. "Whatever you hear..." my mom whispered to the two of us. "Don't come out" JJ nodded, pulling me into him before forcing me to turn and make my way back towards the bedroom.

I shot up, taking a deep breath. My face and neck were covered in sweat. A few tears had started to fall down my face. Even though I was sweating, my body was covered in goosebumps. My heart beat at a pace that I felt I couldn't keep up. A small sense of relief passed through me. That wasn't happening. It was the past. I wasn't living in those moments anymore. Part of me still expected to see him wherever I went, but I had hope that it would one day change.
"Y/n you okay?" I turned to see my brother standing at the door, concern covering his face. My brother, the one always by my side, no matter what. The only person I knew would never leave me. The only family I had left. I nodded my head as I slowly started making my way out of the bed, the blanket stuck to my legs. "You sure?" I smiled.
"I'm sure JJ it was just a nightmare," I try to reassure him. JJ just crossed his arms as I made my way towards the door, stopping me.
"You've been having these nightmares more and more. " He was right, but what was I supposed to do. It wasn't like I could go to the doctor and I sure as hell couldn't talk to the school counsellor. Not that it would do any good. Everyone knows he sucked. I got JJ's worries, but there was only so much to do.
"It's fine JJ." I slowly made my way past the boy and towards the bathroom.
"It isn't y/n I'm concerned about you," JJ followed as I made my way through the bathroom door, stopping and turning to face him.
"I know. I promise I'm okay." Again, he didn't seem to believe me. "Can I get changed now?" JJ took one last look at me before nodding his head and turning to leave. I let out a small sigh before shutting the bathroom door and starting to get changed.

I stared at my self in the mirror. I had my mothers face but my fathers eyes. It had become my least favourite feature on myself. It reminded me of him too much. I hated him. I hated that I had his eyes. I hated that when I looked in the mirror I was reminded of him. I hated it all. I quickly turning on the tap and splashed my face with water before turning my back in the mirror and going about my routine.

"Look who finally decided to join us," John B joked as I walked out of the house. John B, Pope and JJ were both kicking a ball back to one another, boredom getting to the three of them. Kie sat watching the three of them.
"It's only 11. " I made my way down the steps as JJ passed the ball to Pope.
"Yeah, well, some of us have been up since 9," John B joked again, but I wasn't in the mood. All the while getting ready, I tried to cheer myself up. Pull myself out of whatever mood that nightmare had put me in, but it was nearly impossible.
"Well, good for you," I muttered as I made my way past the group and towards the deck at the back of the property.
"What's going on?" I heard John B ask, most likely to JJ. I didn't stay to hear his response.

I sat at the end of the dock. It had been rather quiet the last few weeks, which was unusual for the cut, but I wasn't complaining. Especially at moments like this,I enjoyed the quiet. It gave me time to think. I took a deep breath, resting my head against the wooden frame.
"You okay?" I didn't need to look up to know that it was Kie. The girl sat beside me. I could feel her gaze on me.
"Yeah, I'm fine," I responded as I responded to JJ.
"That's bullshit," she called out, turning to face the water as well. Other than JJ, Kie was the closest person to me. I had no idea how. I hated letting people get close. They always left just like... "Did you have another nightmare?" I didn't need to answer that Kie already knew. Silence fell over the pair of us. "I don't know what fully happened when you and JJ were kids..."
"We met evil when we were only children," I cut the girl off. I didn't need to look at the girl to see the pity on her face. It was one of the reasons I didn't talk about our childhood. It was only met with pity. Kie didn't respond. She just slowly reached over, taking my hand in hers. The only sound was that of the water slowly hitting the dock.
"Look, if you ever need to talk, I'm here," Kie finally spoke, squeezing my hand in hers. I just nodded again, not turning to look at her. I couldn't bring myself to.
"Now, what's going on over here? " JJ spoke. I pulled my hands from Kie's. Even though JJ cared about me a lot, he still made fun of me. If he knew about the crush I had on Kie boy, he would never let me live it down. Neither would anyone else in our friend group. It would also give John B a chance to say 'no pogue on pogue macking', which was annoying as shit.

••••••••
Hope you guys liked.
Sorry if there's mistakes while writing this. I had split focus I was writing this and watching train to Busan. Also sorry for slow updates I'm trying to get better.
Hope you guys liked.
X