John B- "I promise"

Requested
Description: John B's dad had been missing for some time and John B has become more stressed and anxious. He's been trying his hardest to hide it.
Warnings: Panic attack, anxiety, stress.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Three weeks that's how long John B's dad has been missing, three weeks John B has been pretending that he's okay. The other's seemed to believe it, they seemed to think that he was okay but it was the small things I had started to notice. John B didn't seem as present, he would always be looking off. He had become quieter. He would play with the bandana around his neck more, the last thing his dad gave him. If he wasn't messing with that he was messing with the bracelets on his wrist. His leg would always be moving. He would sleep less and less, complain of headaches, and even if this boy did sleep he'd have no energy. The first few days when his dad went missing John B would stay up, living off three hours sleep at most. No matter how much I asked if he was okay he just shrugged it off. I tried to speak to the others about my concerns but JJ just said it was John B, he'd be fine. This was JJ though, he didn't want to face anything that meant dealing with emotions. Dealing with hurt and trauma. I sat on the ground watching John B slightly sway in the hammock.
"So what do you guys say" JJ stood up looking around the group. "Kie you down for a party" JJ pointed to Kiara, she just smiled nodding. "Pope..." JJ moved his finger to Pope who was leaning against the tree.
"Sure, whatever" He knew he didn't have a say, JJ would make him go whether he liked it or not. 
"What about you JB" JJ turned to look at John B, John B still in his own world. He wasn't listening to us. He just stared ahead. "JB" JJ called again before walking over to the boy. "John B" JJ shook the hammock pulling John B out of his own world.
"What?" John B snapped looking over at JJ, guilt quickly taking over his face. My heart ached for the boy. I couldn't help him if he didn't let me.
"Calm down, I was just asking if you wanted to go to the party tonight" JJ backed off holding his hands up.
"I don't care, just let me know the time we need to leave" John B stared up at the sky, guilt still on his face.
"Probably in an hour or so" JJ started looking around the group. "So what do you say boys and girls let's get our drink on" JJ walked to Kie holding his hands out and helping her up before the pair made their way into John B's house. I rolled my eyes standing up but unlike JJ and Kie I made my way towards John B.
"I'd just leave him" Pope said quietly as he reached me. "He seems to be in a mood, you know when he's like this it's best to leave him" Pope put his hand on my arm trying to get me to turn back towards the house.
"It's fine Pope, I can take a few harsh words" I removed his hand from my arm taking a step back. Pope just nodded knowing there was no point in arguing with me.

I waited till Pope had entered the house and made my way over to the boy in the hammock.
"Hey" I smiled placing my hand on his arm, John B snapped to look at me. His harsh gaze softened when his eyes landed on mine. "You okay?" I leant slightly on the hammock.
"How many times do I have to tell you I'm fine" John B sighed shaking his head.
"You sure? I'm here if you want to talk John B" John B turned to look back at me, his eyes softened but the guard quickly came back up.
"Theres nothing to talk about" He crossed his arms still lying in the hammock. If he didn't want to talk there was nothing I was going to say to get him to talk, I'd probably just make him more upset.
"Move over" I nudged the boy, John B turned to look at me. "You heard me, move over" With a confused look John B moved over in the hammock, I carefully climbed into the hammock next to him. The pair of us staring up at the sky, well more the tree branches. The only sound being that of the breeze in the tree, or the slight sound of the other three Pogues. I would occasionally look over at John B, his eyes glazing over. Without saying a word I slipped my hand into his squeezing it before resting my head on his shoulder, I could feel John B turn to look up at me but I kept my gaze on the sky/branches. I just squeezed his hand again.