Rafe Cameron- "Jealous of John B?"

Requested
Description; Rafe's scared that you'll leave him.
Warnings: light swearing.
A/n: I did Rafe dirty the last couple of imagines. Believe or not I don't hate Rafe, I personally he needs help tbh. Also his dads not really a role model.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I unscrewed the top of my bottle of water, sweat on the back of my neck, the wispy bits of my hair sticking to my neck and forehead. I screwed the top back on the bottle as I entered the inside of the boat, I wiped my hand on my forehead. I walked further into the boat placing the bottle on the counter before grabbing a dish towel and walking to the ice maker machine, I took some ice out and placed it in the dish towel and holding it to the back of my neck to help myself cool down.
"Is it that hot out there?" I turned my head towards the voice, the voice belonged to the one and only John B. I'd know John B for about a year when my dad hired him to do stuff on the boat, we got along okay but I wouldn't class us as friends.
"Yeah, I swear I'm tempted to jump in the water" I took the dish towel with ice from the back of my neck placing it on the counter side.
"What are you doing in here?" I questioned, it wasn't unusual for John B to go inside the boat but he definitely didn't seem to be busy.
"What don't trust me?" John B leaning against the wall crossing his arms.
"Not with answers like that" I grabbed the dish towel with ice and walking to the sink emptying it into the sink and placing the dish towel on the side to dry.
"You dad wanted me to look at something, a simple fix task" he shrugged it off as I squinted at the boy not knowing if I truly believe his story.
"Okay" was all I replied before grabbing my water bottle and walking up the stairs back on to the outside of the boat. I made my way off boat when I heard John B calling my name, I turned to see the boy jogging towards me.
"What John B?" I crossed my arms looking at the boy.
"There's a party at the boneyard tonight you and a few of you friends should come?" The boy smiled, that smile would usually melt girls hearts but just didn't for me.
"I'll pass" I turned to walk away from the boy who in turned followed me.
"Why?" He questioned as we walked towards me house.
"Because I don't want to. That's enough of an answer" I looked over at the boy stopping waiting for him to keep dragging it out.
"It'll be fun" John B rocked back and forth as he spoke.
"What? you guys getting drunk then a fight breaking out between pogues and kooks, no thanks I'll pass" I again turned to walk towards the front door now spotting Rafe Cameron, also known as my boyfriend watching me and John B.
"Just think about it y/n!" John B called out as walked further away. This boy really doesn't get it.

"Hey" I greeted Rafe wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling myself up quickly placing a kiss on his lips. Rafe seemed to be distant. "You okay?" I asked pulling away from the boy who quickly replaced the down look on his face with a smile.
"Yeah I'm perfectly fine" he forced his smile wider. Rafe and I had been dating 8 months, I was the closet person to him, I could tell when he was lying and this was it.
"Rafe what's wrong?" He looked behind me then down back down to me forcing a smile.
"Let's go inside" Rafe reached the door handle and pushed it open standing back and allowing me to step in first. I looked the boy up and down before walking into my house.

The inside was a lot colder than outside thanks to the air conditioning.
"God I'm thankful to be out that heat" I laughed as Rafe followed me.
"Yeah..." again he seemed distant, I really couldn't tell what was wrong with him.
"Rafe what is wrong? Please talk to me" I took steps closer again wrapping my arms around his neck looking up at him. Rafe lifted his hand pushing a strand of hair behind my my ear before speaking.
"What did John B want?"
"So it's John B. That's whats bothering you" I tried to hide my smirk as the boy looked up and rolled his eyes. "Are you jealous?"
"Jealous of John B?" Rafe looked down with a scoff.
"I think you might be" a playful tone in my voice as I traced the back of his neck. Again he rolled his eyes looking down at me.
"Fine, maybe a little bit" I smiled as he admitted. I stood on my toes pressing a quick kiss to his lips.
"I promise you John B is not someone you need to worry about. I've made it very obvious to him I'm not interested" I kept my hands wrapped around his neck. Rafe's expression not changing. "You now what there's a party at the boneyard, we should go" I unlinked my hands and slowly dragged them down his shoulder.
"Did John B invite you?" I looked down down as Rafe spoke.
"Look it doesn't matter who invited me" Rafe looked away from me, I never got why he was so insecure about John B. "look we don't have to go to the party but at least let's do something tonight" I took the boys hands in my giving them a squeeze as I spoke.
"Like what?" The boy looked down at me.
"How about a movie night?" I suggested with a smile, Rafe nodded a small smile on his face.

So that's what we did, we were on our third movie of the night when I got a message that the food we had ordered had finally arrived.
"Finally" Rafe sighed as I got up from the bed placing my phone on the place I previously was. I couldn't help but laugh. Almost an hour we had been waiting for this food, the app only said it'd be thirty at most. I opened my door and made my way down the hall then down the stairs towards the front door. I opened the door, a cold breeze entering a huge contrast from earlier.
"Hi sorry for the delay" the delivery driver apologised as he handed the bag over. A forced a smile.
"Thank you" I smiled as he walked down the drive, it wasn't his fault. I shut the door and made way back to my room, if we needed plates or anything I'd come back down and grab them.
"They apologised for delay" I said as I opened the bedroom. Rafe no longer lay on my bed but sat on the side facing me, my phone in his hand. A hurt and angry look upon his face. "What's wrong?" I questioned walking closer to the bed. I placed the bag on the empty space on bedside table. Rafe didn't say anything he just handed my phone to me looking away.
John B 🖕🏼
Where are you?
Come on it'll be fun
I promise you 😉

I looked from the message to Rafe in disbelief, this boy, doesn't he understand.
"This is nothing" I held the phone up showing him the screen. I took a step forward. "Rafe I promise you. I don't know who he thinks he is texting me" I don't care if I sound stuck up. Me and John B weren't friends, the only reasons he should be texting me is if it's to do with his job or if his in a life or death situation. "Rafe what would it take for you to believe me" I tilted my head to the side, Rafe still quiet. "I'll block him" without a second thought I sat next to him showing him the phone as I blocked John B's contact, Rafe sighed.
"Y/n..." I turned to face the boy placing the phone down. "I trust you, I know you don't like John B..." he looked away, I took his hand into mine waiting for him to continue. "I just don't understand it, why do you like me and not him, I mean his..." he started but I cut him off.
"Don't. John B is a lot of things, mainly an asshole who obviously doesn't respect boundaries." I smiled, Rafe shook his head but there was a small smile. "You Rafe Cameron, you are loyal, caring, confident, you're my best friend, the person Im in love with. John B can never change that, nothing he does can change that" Rafe smiled before leaning forward and kissing me. The kiss was sweet, it lingered before Rafe pulled away resting his forehead against mine.
This food better be worth it if they made us wait an hour" I rolled my eyes pushing Rafe back, a laugh escaping from him.

••••
So I've had this half written in my drafts for ages. I hope you guys liked.
Who's next?
x