Rafe- ""It's my first step to not caring what he thinks"

Requested
Description; you and Rafe have a secret relationship. Kie invites you to midsummers and something catches your eye in the water.
Warning; swearing
•••••
"Oh come on y/n" Kiara pleaded as we walked down road making our way to John B's from Kiara's . Tomorrow night was midsummer and she had been begging me all month to go with her, so far I had been successfully in tell her no but the look of desperation on her face was swaying my decision. I looked ahead focusing on the road not giving her a response. The two of us walked in silence, kiara still waiting for me to respond.
"We'll look who it is?" A voice interrupted the silence between the two of us, neither of us had to turn to know who it was. Topper Thornton. "What are you doing here?" Kiara and I both turned meeting the usual group. In front was Topper, Kelce close behind with Sarah, lingering near the back was Rafe Cameron. I looked from each person finally reaching Rafe's, the two of us locking eyes. Most people would call Rafe selfish, arrogant, basically just an asshole. I on the other hand saw a different Rafe, a loving, caring, kind Rafe but I was biased since he is my boyfriend. Obviously no one knew this, I mean a pogue and a kook were not supposed to date, we were supposed to hate one another, before I would have agreed till I met Rafe.

It was a late night when we met, I was working in a small cafe when Rafe came in, he looked visibly upset. After watching him for a few minutes I finally worked up the courage to speak to him. That night it didn't seem to matter whether either of us was a pogue or a kook. He was upset and need to someone to speak to and I was that person. From that night our relationship grew. We spent the first few times in that cafe, none of my friends ever went in there, well technically their no longer allowed after what JJ did last time, and Rafe's friends would never be seen anywhere near the small cafe as it didn't fit their 'style'. Eventually we found other places we could hang out in secret. There had been a few close calls such as the one time John B saw a text on my phone but I wasn't dumb enough to save Rafe's number under his name. I also think it was obvious to the group that I was seeing someone, I denied it every time. It wouldn't matter if they found out I was dating someone but that would put them a step closer to finding out it was Rafe. That would be bad news especially when it came to my best friends JJ and John B.

"I live here or did you forget that, I mean I know you dumb but Jeez" Kiaras voice brought me back to the current moment. I broke my gaze from Rafe and moved back to Topper, an offended look on his face.
"I wasn't talking to you" Topper spat out at Kaira and moved to look at me. Seriously? I swear Topper just likes to be a dick for the fun of it.
"She's my friend, she's allowed to go to my house dumbass" Kiara spoke before I could again drawing Toppers gaze back to her.
"Dumbass is that really all you could come up with?" Topper questioned Kiara looking back at his friends.
"How about cretin then" I shot back at the blonde his head snapping back to look at me. Before Topper could say another word another voice spoke.
"Alright let's just go" Rafe seemed to push his way passed Kelce and Sarah and was now stood next to Topper.
"Seriously? We-" Topper started but was quickly cut off by Rafe.
"Look their not worth it" Rafe didn't even turn to look at me or Kiara. Before I would have been offended but I knew he didn't mean it in a bad way he was just trying to stop Topper. "Let's go, we've got shit to do" Rafe walked passed me, not even glancing at me until he looked back and called the other to follow. I watched as the group followed behind, Rafe and friends walking in the opposite direction to the one we were going.
"See, you can't leave me to spend all tomorrow night with them" Kiara again turned to look at me pleading.
"Rafe's going?" I questioned, I mean I don't know why I didn't suspect that he was going.
"He has to go, I mean it is on his fathers boat" Kiara said as the two of us carried on our journey to John B's.
"It's on a boat" I looked at the girl who smiled.
"Has that changed your mind about coming?" she laughed, not really but the idea of Rafe being there and maybe seeking sometime alone has. I looked down at the ground pretending to think over what she asked.
"Fine Ill come" I pretended to be defeated, kiaras smile growing wider.
"Thank you"