The Falcon & The Winter Soldier: Chapter 14

EP 5:

Vanessa stayed frozen in her spot. She watched as Walker fled the scene and how people parted from him in fear. "Are you alright?" Asked a voice behind her. "Physically I'm fine, just a bit bruised. Mentally... I'll let you know when I figure it out. What are you doing here Nate? I thought you'd gone back to your family" she said. "I did. I came to check up on you and somehow I always arrive at the worst moments" he said, "That was... No one deserves to die like that. How are the voices?" "Quiet. At least for now. Been having trouble sleeping again" Vanessa admitted, "I think I should go see Dr. Madison."

Sam and Bucky walked up to where Vanessa was and heard the last part of her conversation. They looked at each other but said nothing about it. "You ok?" Sam asked. Vanessa nodded her head and walked towards the direction that Walker had gone. She was anything but ok. Every part of her body felt sore and tired. She had a splitting headache, that made her feel like throwing up. All she wanted to do was curl up in her own bed and sleep. And even that was going to be difficult.

Sam, Bucky, and Vanessa tracked Walker to an abandoned freight depot. "Walker" Sam calls out to him. "You guys should see a medic, you don't look so good," Walker says. "Stop, Walker," Sam tells him. "What? You saw what happened, you know what I had to do. I killed him because I had to! He killed Lemar!" Walker yelled, getting more agitated by the minute.

"He didn't kill Lemar, John" Bucky tells him. Walker only scoffs and sighs. "Don't go down that road. Believe me, it doesn't end well" Bucky tries to make him understand. "I'm not like you" Walker answers him.

Vanessa's eyes move down to the blood-stained shield. Everything that shield once stood for, gone. "Listen, it was the heat of the battle, okay? If you explain what happened, they may consider your record. We don't want anyone else to get hurt. John... You gotta give me the shield, man" Sam says. At those last words, Walker raises his head and looks at the three of them in disbelief. "Oh. So that's what this is. You almost got me" he says with a bit of a sickening smile. "You made a mistake," Sam says calmly. "You don't wanna do this" Walker says. "Yeah, we do," Bucky tells him.

They all launched themselves at him trying to take the shield off of him. Nothing they did worked as Walker was determined to keep the shield. The man kicked Sam in the stomach causing him to fall to the ground. Bucky grabs onto the shield and tries to rip it out of Walker's hands. He grabs the pistol out of Walker's holster but loses his grip on it when Walker kicks him in the face. Walker then raises his shield once again to bring it down on Bucky. Vanessa reacts before that can happen and kicks the shield out of the way, but Walker doesn't let it go.

Walker swings the shield around trying to hit anything. Walker hits Vanessa with the shield making her fly out and land on top of Sam. "You ok?" He asks. "Yeah," she says with a wince. She quickly gets up when she hears Walker yell, "Why are you making me do this!?" Walker grabs Bucky and throws him towards a fuse box, causing an electric current to go through him.

Sam flies over to Walker only to be brought to the ground by Walker. Once again he raises the shield ready to bring it down. Vanessa runs over to where Sam is and hits the shield with her feet causing it to bounce back and hit Walker in the face. She doesn't wait for him to react and punches him in the face before he can lift the shield to protect himself. "This isn't you, John..." Sam says as he gets up ready to fight. "We could've been a team..." Walker says. 

Sam places a wire on the shield and flies out trying to take the shield with him. Walker places his legs on a pole and pulls the shield back. 'Too strong' Vanessa realizes at that moment. The shield goes flying out and lands on the floor. Sam, Walker, and Vanessa go running towards it. Walker tackles Sam as they both fight each other on the floor.