Infinity War: Chapter 02

Well, they didn't get to running right away. Vanessa quickly changed into some jeans, a shirt and grabbed a hoodie. After tying her combat boots, she went into the living room to find Pietro pacing. In her hand, she held a marble size ball of light, the same now found on Pietro's body. "You better not drop me," she told him. He only smiled and picked her up bridal style, "Hold on tight."

It did indeed take around an hour and a half to get from California to New York, but that was mostly due to the fact that Vanessa kept getting sick. Her late-night bowl of cereal was long gone. But, soon enough they made it to the Avengers Facility. They had almost arrived at the same time as Steve, Natasha, Sam, Wanda, and Vision. "I really don't think that any human is meant to run that fast," said Vanessa.

Vanessa made her way into the compound, hoping that no alarms were set off in the process. "They're over here," said Pietro. She got there just in time to hear Bruce say, "Thanos has the biggest army in the universe..." He was about to continue when suddenly she spoke, "I have an army." Everyone turned to see Vanessa standing in the doorway. "You just have to be dramatic don't you?" Asked Pietro, causing Vanessa to shrug.

Wanda, Natasha, and Steve stared at the girl. They hadn't seen her in over two years and they certainly didn't expect her to just show up. "Vanessa," said Wanda, "What are you doing here?" Vanessa looked at her old friend, "Someone told me that you were in trouble. Thought I might check up on you and offer my help." "It's good to see you again Vanessa," said Natasha with a lingering smile. "I'm sorry who are you?" Asked Bruce. "Right I'm Vanessa," she said. "She trained with Wanda and Nat before we went on the run."

Bruce only nodded his head, she looked oddly familiar but he just couldn't quite place her. "You said you have an army?" Asked Rhodey. "At my command, ready to come upon being called," she said. Nobody said anything, before Wanda asked, "The dead?" Vanessa nodded her head, "They are eager to help." "You got control of your powers?" Asked Steve. "I did. It took a lot of failing and relapsing, but everything turned out for the better. But there are more important issues at hand than my powers, so please sir if you could continue."

Bruce didn't understand what Wanda and Steve were talking about but nevertheless continued, "Right. Uhh ... Thanos has an army and he is not gonna stop until he gets... Visions stone." "Then we have to protect it," said Natasha. "No, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About its nature. But also its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source... something very similar to its own signature, perhaps... its molecular integrity could fail" explained Vision. "Yeah, and you with it. We're not having this conversation" said Wanda.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." "That's too high a price" argued Wanda. "Only you have the power to pay it," said Vision. "Is he really going to make my sister kill him? Does he know the trauma that is going to cause her" fought Pietro as he punched Vision in the face, of course, his hands went right through. "Let me punch him, Vanessa, he deserves it. Stupid Microwave Oven" Vanessa only shook her head and moved her attention back to the conversation.

The vision was still arguing about destroying the stone. Vanessa really had no clue what stone they were talking about or what they needed to protect it from. When she turned back into the conversation Bruce was talking about how possibly taking out the stone would leave Vision alive. "Can we do that?" Asked Natasha, "Not me, not here," said Bruce. "Well, you better find someone and somewhere fast. Ross isn't just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back" Rhodey states. "I know somewhere," said Steve.