Prologue

A figure wearing a dark cloak neared the car wreckage. Nothing about the figure was visible except her hands. They were pale and boney. Almost corpse-like. The figure bent down, letting their dark hair cascading to the side, and looked inside. Four people were in the car, all of them dead. They took no regard for the adults or the little boy in the car. Instead, walked towards the other side of the vehicle, where a little girl laid. With the utmost delicacy, the figure removed the little girl from the car and gently placed her on the ground. "It's not your time yet my dear," they said. Their voice was soft, motherly even.

The woman grabbed the little girl's hand in her own. A dark blue light, almost black, emitted from her hands and went into the girl's veins. The light-filled the veins of the small girl, and suddenly one by one her wounds began to close. They all disappeared, almost as if they had never been there in the first place. Still, the girl had no heartbeat, but her body showed no trauma. The woman placed the little girl on her lap and held her close to her own body. "Help is on the way my love," said the woman as she caressed the girl's face with love. Not once did the woman spared a glance towards the other bodies.

As soon as a siren was heard in the distance, the woman gently laid the little girl down on the floor. The woman stood up and hid in the shadows as the ambulance approached the car wreckage. The paramedics got to working on the little girl right away as she was the closest to them. They brought out a defibrillator and attached it to the girl. "Clear!" One of the paramedics yelled. At first, there was nothing on the monitor, no heartbeat, no sign the anything had happened. Then a slow heartbeat appeared and the girl began to breathe once again.

The woman smiled from afar. Once she saw that the little girl was going to be alright she turned to walk away, but not before whispering, "We'll see each other someday my love. Now there is someone whom I need to take care of." At those last words the woman's face filled with malice and evilness. She turned and walked away, disappearing into nothingness.