Infinity War: Chapter 03

Vanessa felt like a bit of an outsider with everyone. Everyone was running around the compound collecting everything they needed for the trip. Vanessa still wasn't sure where they were going. "Vanessa," called Natasha, "Come here." Vanessa walked over to where she was standing, "It's really good to see you, Nat." "Yeah you too," she said as she pulled out a case similar to the ones that were being loaded into the Quinjet. "Here this is one of my old suits. You should wear this instead of jeans and a hoodie."

Vanessa pulled out the suit that was in the case. It was a full bodysuit that seemed to be made of some sort of thick cloth. It had faint navy blue lines running throughout the suit, much like how her veins appeared when she used her powers. It had holsters places at the thighs, ankle. "Wow, that looks very uncomfortable. You sure I can't just wear my jeans. Or a vest like the one you have on." "Go put it on" ordered Natasha with a smile. She really had missed Vanessa and she felt bad for how they'd failed to keep their promise to her.

Vanessa quickly put on the suit. It was very fitted, but it almost felt like she was wearing a second skin. She put on her combat boots once again and walked out to meet Natasha. "How does it feel?" She asked. "Surprisingly comfortable. I was expecting it to be super tight but it feels nice. Thank you." "I believe these belong to you. And you are going to need all of these" Natasha pulled a box and a wrap. Inside the box were the two daggers that she had gifted Vanessa almost two years ago, and in the wrap, there were about ten different throwing knives.

They both walked to the Quinjet where they were the second ones to arrive. "And they say women take longer to get ready" commented Natasha. "You know I have to thank you for the training you gave me a few years back. Came in handy a few months ago." "It did?" Asked Natasha. "Yeah there were these two guys following me after I got out of work and I don't mean to brag or anything, but I kinda kicked their ass," said Vanessa. "I was there too you know," Jason said suddenly, "I scared them off." Vanessa turned to look at him and rolled her eyes. "That's my girl," said Natasha as everyone else boarded the jet.

They soon took off. Everybody was anxious and nervous about the upcoming fight. Vanessa had decided to sit up front to give space to The Avengers for planning. "So Vanessa," Sam began, "Cap here tells me that you also have powers. Do they happen to be similar to Wanda's?" "No, not really. I don't do the same things she does" she said. "So what is it you can do?" He asked. Vanessa smiled and quieted her voice, "I see dead people." "Really? The Sixth Sense?" Asked Jason "For real?" Asked Sam and Vanessa only nodded. "Cool," he said.

Throughout the rest of the flight, Sam kept asking Vanessa questions about how her powers worked or where she had gotten them from, or how she was planning on using them in the fight. Vanessa answered truthfully but there was something that even she didn't know. After hearing how she planned on using an army of dead people to fight, Sam seemed even more intrigued by her. She was thankful that he hadn't turned away from her out of fear as most people did. But she figured that after hanging around The Avengers he'd seen a lot of weird things.

»»-------------¤-------------««

When they arrived in Wakanda, Vanessa was mesmerized by the infrastructure of the place. She was walking next to Rhodey and Bruce when she heard him say, "Should we bow?" "Yeah, he's a king," said Rhodey jokingly. "Seems like I'm always thanking you for something," Steve said as he shook T'Challa's hand. Bruce cleared his throat and bowed towards T'Challa. "What are you doing?" Asked Rhodey. "We don't do that here," said T'Challa. "So how big of an assault should we expect?" Asked T'Challa. "Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault." "How are we looking?" Questioned Natasha. "You will have my Kings guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." "A semi-stable 100-years-old man" interrupted Bucky. Steve gave him a quick hug and asked, "How you been, Buck?" "Uh, not bad, for the end of the world."

Vanessa stayed with Sam, Bucky, and Rhodey while everyone else went with Vision. She sat down and leaned her head back against the wall. "Regret coming already?" Asked Jason. "No, just tired. I'm running on like two hours of sleep. Thought you were mad" Vanessa said. "No, I get why you're doing this. But I do wish you weren't" "Are going to fight?" "I could try my best, but I seriously think that she should save your energy and give it to someone who already knows how to fight, like him for example," he said.

Vanessa opened her eyes and saw that he was pointing at Nate. "I know what you're thinking. How can someone so good-looking know how to fight. But believe it or not, I know how to use a dagger well" he said as he pulled a silver one out of his pocket. "I trust you Nate and I'm going to trust you to lead everyone as I won't always be there to tell them what to do. Can I count on you?" "You can" he answered seriously. Vanessa leaned back once again and closed her eyes.

Bucky turned when he heard someone having a conversation behind him. He saw a young woman sitting on the floor leaning against the wall, with her eyes closed. She was having a conversation, but there was no one there. "You know it's rude to stare" she suddenly said, opening her eyes and looking right at him, "I get it I'm hot, but it's still rude." 

Bucky turned to look at Sam, "Who is that?" Sam turned to look at Vanessa who was still talking to Jason, "That's Vanessa." "Who is she talking to?" Asked Bucky. "What do you mean who is she talking to. She's talking to her friend, can't you see him?" Asked Sam with a mocking smile. Bucky turned again to look at Vanessa, who was still sitting alone. "Stop staring man, it's weird," Sam told him. Vanessa quickly stood up when she saw that there was something heading right towards them. It gained speed as it impacted a barrier and exploded. Vanessa placed the comms in her ear as she saw that there were more spaceships landing outside the dome.