Infinity War: Chapter 04:

Vanessa stood among all the other warriors as Natasha, Steve and T'Challa went to talk to the invaders. "They surrender?" Asked Bucky when Steve returned. "Not exactly." Suddenly alien creatures that appeared like very ugly kangaroos appeared. "What the hell," said Bucky. "I need to get closer to the dome's edge." "What!?" Asked Bucky as both he and Steve turned to look at Vanessa. "Trust me," she said, "Sam can you give me a ride to the edge?" 

"What!? Are you crazy?" He asked. "Possibly. Can you?" He swooped down and picked her up with one arm, as he shot at the creatures with the other. "Here's good," said Vanessa and he dropped her off, "Keep them off me for a second please." Sam didn't question her as he shot down any creature that got neared her. "Get half of them outside the dome and kill as many of these things as you can," she told Nate. "Alright you heard her, move your asses" he yelled. Vanessa turned to the other ghost the was by her side, "Are you sure you don't want to be by your sister's side?" "I'm needed down here," said Pietro.

Vanessa let the veil between her and the dead come down. About 200 ghosts appeared in front of her, all of them warriors and fighters. This was 3 times the size of what she would usually use to summoning. Her hands suddenly began to glow blue and a sphere of energy the size of a cantaloupe formed in her hands. She looked up to make sure they had soldiers outside the barrier and when she confirmed it, she broke the sphere creating a dome of her own. The dome was a bright blue color and it seemed to pulsate, almost as a heartbeat. And in reality, that's exactly what it was doing, sending pulses into the ground and into the ghost around her. 

Slowly one by one ghosts started appearing in front of everyone. Warriors, all from different times and places. Some from previous wars held guns. Others held swords and katanas, but they were all ready to fight. All the ghosts took the front lines ready to protect the living as they had nothing to lose. After all, they were already dead. They could only gain something: peace or being one step closer to peace.

Behind Vanessa, there were many people freaking out about what they had witnessed. "Are you seeing this?" Said Bucky. Steve nodded his head, "Seeing it, still working on believing it. I don't know if I should be mesmerized or terrified." Up until this point he hadn't been sure that Vanessa was telling the truth about seeing dead people, but now there was evidence everywhere around them. He was specifically focused on a certain ghost that had died three years ago: Pietro Maximoff.

Pietro picked up Vanessa and quickly dropped her off to where everyone was standing. Before he ran back be gave Steve a salute, "Captain." Vanessa was looking a little paler than usual. "You alright?" Asked Natasha. "Yeah, peachy. I might blackout at some point, takes a lot of magic to keep them here. But that is a problem for later." Everyone seemed to snap out of the haze as the Wakandan warriors started to fire at any of the creatures that got through Vanessa's army of the dead. Rhodey then threw explosives near the border blowing up any of the ones getting through.

Then the creatures began circling the dome trying to find another way in. "Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us... there's nothing between then and Vision" said Bruce. "Then we better keep 'em in front of us." "On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen," said T'Challa into his earpiece. Vanessa pulled out her dagger from their sheath as the Wakandan's put down their shields. "Wakanda forever!" Yelled T'Challa and everyone began running towards the edge.

The creatures then started pouring in faster than everyone could fight them. Vanessa kept aiming towards the hearts of the creatures, but she wasn't exactly sure where that was. Vanessa was being surrounded quicker than she could fight the creatures off when suddenly Nate appeared out of nowhere along with two other ghosts. "They are targeting you specifically. The lady of whatever the fuck that is, saw that you were the one who called upon the dead and gave the order to take you out. Aim for the neck or the stomach, it's the only weakness we have been able to find" he said as he helps her fight off the ones that were coming towards her. 

It seemed like they had been fighting for hours, but the creatures kept coming. Never-ending. "We're not getting anywhere" yelled Nate as one of the other ghosts cut one of the creature's heads off with her Katana. "Just keep fighting" Vanessa yelled, she closed her eyes and slightly shook her head. She continued to fight even as she began to feel a bit dizzy. A few of the ghosts outside the dome began to fade out as Vanessa could no longer keep the dome's radius as extended as she'd like.

Suddenly in the middle of the fighting field, there was a large blast and three new fighters appeared. An ax was thrown and many of the creatures that Vanessa had been fighting were instantly killed. "Go I'll be fine," she told Nate. "No, I made a promise that I intend to keep. I'm staying here" said Nate. "Fine. Then you two go" she ordered the other two ghosts. They slightly nodded their head and ran off to kill more creatures. "Bring me, Thanos!" Yelled Thor as he summoned lightning and killed many of the creatures at once.

Vanessa was in the middle of decapitating a creature when suddenly the ground began to lift. "Fall back! Fall back, now!" Called T'Challa. Vanessa began to run along with everybody else. Due to her exhaustion, the dome began to crumble and disappear, taking all of the ghosts the were fighting with it. She needed to stop in order to make another one, so when she saw that Wanda had suddenly stopped at the machines, she figured she wouldn't get another chance. Like before her hands glowed a glowing blue and a sphere of energy grew in her hands. "You don't have enough energy to hold a dome that big Vanessa. It's going to kill you" yelled Nate who was now only visible to her. "So be it," she said as she broke the sphere once again creating the dome. Only this time it was a much fainter blue and the pulses going to the ghost were much slower. There were also much fewer ghosts appearing than before, but there were still about fifty of them.