The Falcon & The Winter Soldier: Chapter 05

EP 2:

"Vanessa," somebody said, "Wake up. We're almost to our destination." Vanessa opened her eyes to find Sam shaking her awake. "Where are we going?" She asked standing up and grabbing her travel bag. "Baltimore, Maryland," Sam said. "For what?" "Bucky says there's someone we should meet." 

After quickly changing into some jeans and a hoodie, and put on some glasses to deal with the headache she had. Vanessa stepped out of the plane and began walking through the streets of Baltimore. "Hey, it's Black Falcon. What's up?" Said a kid. "It's just Falcon, kid" answered Sam. "No, no. My dad told me it's Black Falcon" he argued. "Is it because I'm Black and I'm the Falcon?" Sam asked. Vanessa continued to walk but still listened to the conversation between the two. "So are you, like, Black kid? I got him, right?" He said with a chuckle.

They all neared an old-looking house. Bucky walked up the steps and knocked on the door. As soon as a kid opened the door, Bucky said, "We're here to see Isaiah." "Nobody named Isaiah lives here," said the kid. "Look, we just want to talk to him," Bucky said calmly. "You must not hear what I just said. You ain't getting in this house. Y'all can leave now" the kid said, getting a bit irritated. Bucky sighed and told him, "Tell him the guy from the bar in Goyang is here. He's gonna know what that means." "All right wait here," he said and closed the door.

"Nice kid. How do you know this guy?" Asked Sam. "I used to. We had a skirmish during the Korean War" Bucky told them. The door suddenly opened once again and the kidlet them in, "Today's your lucky day. He said he wanna see for himself." "Isaiah?" "Look at you," said the older man. "This is, uh, Vanessa and Sam. Vanessa, Sam, this is Isaiah. He was a hero" Bucky introduced them. 

Vanessa gave the man a small smile and placed her sunglasses on her head. "One of the ones that HYDRA feared the most. Like Steve. We met in '51" Bucky continued. "If by met, you mean I whupped your ass, then, yeah. We heard whispers he was on the peninsula but everyone they sent after him, never come back. So the U.S. military dropped me behind the line to go deal with him. I took half that metal arm in that fight in Goyang, but I see he's managed to grow it back. I just wanted to see if he got the arm back. Or if he'd come to kill me" Isaiah said. "I'm not a killer anymore," Bucky said in a slight whisper. Trying to convince Isaiah and himself.

"You think you can wake up one day and decide who you wanna be? It doesn't work like that. Well, maybe it does for folks like you" Isaiah said. "Isaiah, the reason we're here is that there's more of you and me out there," Bucky said. "You and me." "And we need to know how." "I'm not gonna talk about it anymore," said Isaiah, grabbing a small tin and throwing it at the wall. "You know what they did to me for being a hero?" Isaiah continued, "They put my ass in jail for 30 years. People running tests, taking my blood, coming into my cell. Even your people weren't done with me." "Isaiah..." Sam started. "Get out of my house!" He yelled. Vanessa turned towards the door and began walking out. "Let's go, man. Let's go" said the boy.

Sam angrily walked ahead of both Vanessa and Bucky. "Sam..." Bucky said, trying to calm him down. "Why didn't you tell me about Isaiah? How could nobody bring him up? I asked you a question, Bucky" Sam whispered yelled. "I know," Bucky said. "Steve didn't know about him?" "He didn't. I didn't tell him" Sam continued. "Sam," Vanessa said, looking over at the police car that was nearing them. Sam ignored her and continued lecturing Bucky, "So you're telling me that there was a black Super Soldier decades ago and nobody knew about it?"

The police car approaches them and whoops the siren. "What's up, man?" Sam says casually. "Is there a problem here?" The officer asks. "No, we're just talking," Sam says. "We're fine," Bucky tells him. "Can I see your ID? Both of you" the officer says to Sam and Vanessa. "What for?" She asks him. "Man seriously?" Bucky says. "Ma'am just calm down. Are you carrying illegal substances?" The officer asked Vanessa, his hand subconsciously or consciously reaching down for his gun.